SASS Wire Forum

Lucky and Good

Subdeacon Joe

I’ll bet he owns a new knife now...

I steer clear of activities that involve hanging from a rope. You can get away with things for a while but eventually something will go wrong. Then there you are...at the end of your rope...

I can’t get any sound with it but why did he not just pull th quick release and cut away th main immediately? And. Somebody else packed. His reserve?

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I’ll bet he owns a new knife now...

I steer clear of activities that involve hanging from a rope. You can get away with things for a while but eventually something will go wrong. Then there you are...at the end of your rope...

He never attempted to cut away the parasail. All the activity you see is him trying to pull it in so he doesn't loose it.  By his own admission he was doing a difficult and potentially dangerous maneuver using the wrong harness, in the wrong conditions.

45 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

He never attempted to cut away the parasail. All the activity you see is him trying to pull it in so he doesn't loose it.  By his own admission he was doing a difficult and potentially dangerous maneuver using the wrong harness, in the wrong conditions.

Yeah. I would have cut that sucker.

Sky Divers pack their own chutes. No need to thank or blame somebody else.

Archived