SASS Wire Forum

Where Can I Find A Source For Good Cast Bullets?

Kid Death 6683

For soft cast and less leading: Ringers Bullets or Missouri Bullets, also Desparado Cowboy

If you need cast bullets soon check with casters before ordering.  Some are reporting they are backordered with prompt delivery impossible.  Ordinarily I recommend buying from a nearby caster who supports matches where you shoot.

3 hours ago, Preacherman said:

Outlawbullets.com

Waimea from Outlaw Bullets will treat you right as well as Bullets by Scarlett!!!

Chey-Cast Bullets - Cheyenne, WY.  High quality product.  Consistent in the reloader.  Both coated and conventional designs.  Great price.  Fast and free shipping (in quantities of 2,000 or more).  www.http://cheycastbullets.com.  Super people.

+1000

Ditto on Bear Creek - good prices, coated bullets, great quality control, super source of information. Steve Miller runs is the proprietor: mmwww.bearcreeksupplybullets.com - 209-874-4322.

RR

The real need now is for primers. Seems there has been a run on them. I was lucky and got the last 2,000 from my local supplier.

11 hours ago, Seymour Action said:

Bear Creek in Waterford CA

they’re my faves, great prices and availability

like others have said: phone in your order

10 minutes ago, Russ The Red said:

The real need now is for primers. Seems there has been a run on them. I was lucky and got the last 2,000 from my local supplier.

a lot of the usual shops are so swamped they often have boxes in back (that haven’t been put on the shelves yet).  i asked for Win209 and they came out with a box and a half.

Bear creek supports lots of SASS club annuals with bullets. Steve is great to talk to about bullets. He has sent me several sample packs to try before ordering. 

I like his coated 305 grn for my 45-60, and 255 & 310 grn in my 38-55s   

I don’t like the coated 38 special. Slippery little rascals. I drop as many as I load! 

On 3/31/2020 at 8:53 AM, Eyesa Horg said:

For soft cast and less leading: Ringers Bullets or Missouri Bullets, also Desparado Cowboy

I use Ringer for BHN=9 soft cast, Hi-Tek coated, 357 and 44.
Missouri is a nice product, but BHN=12 or BHN=18.
I also bought BHN=9 from Desperado, but not Hi-Tek coated.

you got everything above that i would have offered and a little more , i got my shipments in the last month -much to my mail mans chagrin 0 they were heavy , ive got all my 45s reloaded and looking to 38s in the coming weeks , you cannot go wrong on the above suggestions , 

Yeh, My mail lady was less than amused last month as well. Amazing how heavy 65-70#'s is in such a small space!

(being a smart-A$$ here):

I usually wander into the garage and chose from all that I cast.  

I have found that casting is another hobby I enjoy very much (started back in 1957 when I got a lead casting toy solider kit for Christmas--imagine getting something like that now)

Along with this hobby came powder coating (PC) the bullets in place of lubing. 

buying lead at $1.35 per lb and with the PC it works out to able 5½¢ per bullet 

I have to put in a vote for my friend and fellow Outlaw shooter

Outlaw Bullets, very target friendly and I need all the help I can get.

Archived