SASS Wire Forum

My President made me proud today

Sedalia Dave

For those that don't know at 1700 eastern time President Trump has been holding press conferences on the status of the war against COVID-19.

First thing I have noticed is how few times President Trump says "I". He is either giving credit to specific individuals, specific companies or saying "we" instead of I. Unlike the previous occupant. 

While the MSM is trying to keep us divided here is what has happened in just the last few days.

GM is manufacturing ventilators, Ford is doing the same.

The pharmaceutical giants donated collectively close to 10 Million doses of quinine based drugs. 

Millions of test kits that give results in minutes vice days are being fielded.

Ohio-based Battelle has gotten approval to use their machines to sterilize N95 masks. Now they can be reused up to 20 times rather than be thrown away.

Companies are retasking their 3D printers to manufacture face shields, ventilator valves and a whole host of critical items our health care workers need. The necessary files are being freely shared to allow anyone to step up and assist.

Two USNS Hospital ships went from storage to fully operational in just a few days vice the weeks it was originally expected to take.

The USNS Mercy is docked in Los Angles. It is fully operational, accepting patients and performing surgical operations.

The USNS Comfort docked in New York today. I am betting it'll be operational by COB tomorrow.

Thousands of Doctors, Nurses, and other health care professionals came out of retirement to fill the gaps. 

In New York City, the Army Corps of Engineers built a 3000 bed field hospital for non-Covid -19 patients in only 3 days, so that traditional hospitals can devote more resources to infected patients. Several more are in the works and will be operational soon.

Listening to My President talk about how individuals and companies large and small have answered the call made me proud to be an American. :FlagAm:

It will prevail until certain government types and certain media types have a lull in patting themselves on the back for their non-participation and then the knives of divisiveness will come out and they will all be the scorpion hitching a ride on the frog. 

Agree 100, SD.

President Trump is doing a fine job. It's too bad the leftist media can't seem to stop behaving like the other virus and help this country instead of trying to perpetually hurt it, same as covid19.

You're spot on about the last administration as well. That dud would have spent all his TV time whining about the pandemic instead of figuring out how best to fight it and help the country through this.

DJT IS the right person in office right now, for many reasons.

:FlagAm:

He even invited the pillow guy to speak, he's going to be making masks now, most comfortable mask ever!!:lol:

6 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

He even invited the pillow guy to speak, he's going to be making masks now, most comfortable mask ever!!:lol:

And he is taking flack from the left for doing that 

26 minutes ago, Henry T Harrison said:

And he is taking flack from the left for doing that 

They said he was quoting from the bible and that's against the first amendment, what a bunch of idiots!:o 

10 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

History tells us that when the red tape is cut somebody takes undue advantage of the government. Let us hope that altruism prevails.

Very true. and I know it is happening today. However if you look, examples where companies and individuals are stepping up rather than profiteering are out there.

Ford Motor Co. stepped up early on and is a good example of how a giant can use its resources. In addition to spending their own dollars to innovate, they are working with their customers to work out payment options on financed and leased vehicles. 

GM is finally moving but President Trump had to invoke the Defense Production Act to get it and its partners to accelerate production. To my knowledge president Trump has invoked it only this one time despite repeated calls from the communist left :angry: in this country to nationalize all of Americas industry. 

56 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Lets just hope the Docs and Nurses don't go to sleep while wearing them..... :lol:

..........Widder

32 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

We live through this and we can worry about global warming again.  :unsure:

Funny how that just disappeared from the news!!:P

My Dad always spoke of how America won WW2 was by out-producing our enemies.
He was fiercely proud of American know-how and manufacturing muscle.

Whether these companies stepped up on their own, or with some behind the scenes poking by the President, they still stepped up.
I also believe none of these companies will go into the red by producing these needed medical supplies.

16 minutes ago, bgavin said:

My Dad always spoke of how America won WW2 was by out-producing our enemies.
He was fiercely proud of American know-how and manufacturing muscle.

Whether these companies stepped up on their own, or with some behind the scenes poking by the President, they still stepped up.
I also believe none of these companies will go into the red by producing these needed medical supplies.

Plenty of manufacturers got rich during the war. Jobs were created. I have no problem with that. Capitalism works. We won.

I am most of the way through reading "Atlas Shrugged"...
Even though published in 1957, this book is profoundly relevant today with its pro-capitalism / vigorous anti-communist theme.

Ayn Rand goes into a deep dive to illustrate how progressive "looters" destroy incentive and the society as a whole.
IMO, every high school kid should be required to read, and UNDERSTAND the story line.

bgavin:

If the leftist educators we have here in Canada are any indication, we'll never see that happen.

10 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

I'll trade you 110 Liberal MPs  and one Primeminister for Your President !!!

Please ....

Jabez Cowboy 

Second that Jabez.

But do you think the Americans would really fall for that?

Well, maybe for comic relief..

trudeau (1).jpg

11 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

I'll trade you 110 Liberal MPs  and one Primeminister for Your President !!!

Please ....

Jabez Cowboy 

1 hour ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Second that Jabez.

But do you think the Americans would really fall for that?

Well, maybe for comic relief..

trudeau (1).jpg

In January of 2025 he'll be available.

Hopefully you can keep up the resistance till then.

1 hour ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

If the leftist educators we have here in Canada are any indication, we'll never see that happen.

I live in the PRK, where it all leans so far to the Left, I'm surprised the buildings don't fall over.

12 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

In January of 2025 he'll be available.

Hopefully you can keep up the resistance till then.

I read/heard somewhere that if an impeachment fails, the term in which it was started becomes a "Do Over" as if it never happened and that President Trump could actually be around until 2029.

Not certain about that, being a Canadian and all.

Unfortunately, we don't have term limits for our PMs.

Sometimes that's a good thing. 

Other times............

99-C6954-D-4-BE4-42-DF-8909-81495-C754-EA1.jpg

Syrian Migrants vs Gun Owners.jpg

5 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

We live through this and we can worry about global warming again.  :unsure:

Now wouldn't it be great if this so called "global warning" was just what we needed to completely eradicate the Covid-19 virus. The liberals would go absolutely batsh!t crazy trying to figure out how to spin it into something negative. :lol:

DJT has made me proud for a lot of things!  There are a couple of bonuses too, no Democratic debates, no candidate commercials, plus DJT's approval rating is up.  Oh and I almost forgot all the "used" guns that'll be available once the Libs want to sell them after this is over. 

Archived