SASS Wire Forum

The government is finally going to use the stop C-19 medicine

Nickel City Dude

I just heard on the news that the government is finally going to start distributing Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin.  This medicine has been proven in France to stop the symptoms of the C-19 virus.  Let us all hope that this is the silver bullet that will start our country back on the road to recovery.  Hopefully I will soon be able to use all of the ammo I have been reloading.  Reloading has been the only thing I have been able to do for the last couple of weeks.

Hydroxychloroquine has been in short supply for some time now.  It has a number of uses.

7 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Hydroxychloroquine has been in short supply for some time now.  It has a number of uses.

Has anyone geared up to start making it here?

In his speech the President mentioned several pharmaceutical company’s that are ramping up to supply the needed doses.

25 minutes ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

Has anyone geared up to start making it here?

Not that I am aware of, but "these times" may push one of the overseas manufacturers in India to make more.  Although lots of generics made in China, doubt we will be getting any of that since their need is equally as important.

9 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Not that I am aware of, but "these times" may push one of the overseas manufacturers in India to make more.  Although lots of generics made in China, doubt we will be getting any of that since their need is equally as important.

Would you take a "supposed" remedy from China, India or South Korea? IMO, might as well be taking a placebo.

My impression was that it was US Pharmaceutical company’s that were going to start making and distributing the drug.  The President did name major companies in his speech but I don't remember there names.

1 minute ago, Cypress Sun said:

Would you take a "supposed" remedy from China, India or South Korea? IMO, might as well be taking a placebo.

No doubt researchers are "scrambling" for sure.  But, if I was tested positive bet I would take most anything prescribed.  If a choice, right now I would sure apt to prefer India made rather than C or SK.

Just now, Nickel City Dude said:

My impression was that it was US Pharmaceutical company’s that were going to start making and distributing the drug.  The President did name major companies in his speech but I don't remember there names.

Certainly a good economic opening for them.

12 minutes ago, Snakebite said:

In the mean time I am taking Snakebite whiskey. It helps calm the nerves. 

think I still have some of that myself....must be aged good, probably got it from you at a EOT in CA.

15 minutes ago, Snakebite said:

In the mean time I am taking Snakebite whiskey. It helps calm the nerves. 

Snakebite, 

Keep in mind it takes 70% alcohol to kill the virus. Most whiskey is only 40%, therefore, I would recommend you drink twice as much. That's what I'm doing and I feel fine.:D

35 minutes ago, Irish Tom said:

Snakebite, 

Keep in mind it takes 70% alcohol to kill the virus. Most whiskey is only 40%, therefore, I would recommend you drink twice as much. That's what I'm doing and I feel fine.:D

EverClear is 190 proof and is 95% Alcohol.

21 minutes ago, Texas John Ringo, SASS #10138 said:

Teva Pharmaceuticals in Israel supposedly sent 6 million dose's over here in March and is sending 10 million in April. FREE.

Teva is certainly one of the better generic companies.  Now if our wholesalers can get some of it in stock I will feel better.

42 minutes ago, Texas John Ringo, SASS #10138 said:

EverClear is 190 proof and is 95% Alcohol.

I am aware of that, and I have some of that and some from another source, but I'm not stripping paint right now...:) 

Tonic water (quinine) as a prophylaxis.  If some gin spills in there accidentally, who am I to complain?  

40 minutes ago, Snakebite said:

I am aware of that, and I have some of that and some from another source, but I'm not stripping paint right now...:) 

Mix a little with a little hand lotion to the desired consistency and it works great for hand sanitizer .

2 hours ago, Irish Tom said:

Snakebite, 

Several makers of 151 rum.

3 hours ago, Nickel City Dude said:

I just heard on the news that the government is finally going to start distributing Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin.  This medicine has been proven in France to stop the symptoms of the C-19 virus.  Let us all hope that this is the silver bullet that will start our country back on the road to recovery.  Hopefully I will soon be able to use all of the ammo I have been reloading.  Reloading has been the only thing I have been able to do for the last couple of weeks.

The French study was only on 24 patients. Pretty small test group. We took it in Vietnam as an anti malarial. No long term side effects as far as I’m aware. 
Maybe it will work. We’ll have to see how things shake out.

I would rather have some stomach discomfort and diarrhea than death, should I get the CoVid. I would take the malaria meds if I needed it. 

Now, would I take Chinese malaria medicine? Probably not. 

Good on Israel for their help. 

14 hours ago, Jackalope said:

He also said the population of Seoul, South Korea was 38 million...

That's nothing compared to the 57 States comment by Obummer!!:P

Archived