SASS Wire Forum

John Prine in critical condition with COVID 19

Backward Billy

38 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Anybody still calling this situation a Hoax??

I never said it was a hoax.  I said it was being blown out of proportion by the press and people with an agenda unlike most people's.  That, and I have heard more BS info and mis information and contradictory crap than ever before.  If we could get some real honest, medically and scientifically valid answers that made sense it wouldn't be as bad.  Somehow I don't expect that to happen.

Prayers for Mr. Prine. Always enjoyed his music. 

Not a Hoax, but a lot of people seem to get off on scaring other people with unsubstaniated or incorrect information, and a lot of people reacting in panic out of fear and ignorance. Meanwhile there has been a lot of good news. While the press was running with the headlines that 2.2 million people in the US were going to die and that this could go on for years - new information came out that no, maybe 200,000 to 100,000 may die, way too many but that could be further reduced by finding viable drug treatments, there are several being tested now, and we have newer faster testing rolling out this week which could be used to help slow the spread further and start treatments earlier. And work has started testing a vaccine that may be available sooner than thought. Also preliminary data points are indicating the social distancing has slowed the viruses spread. 

So serious, certainly; the end of the world - not hardly.

4 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I never said it was a hoax.  I said it was being blown out of proportion by the press and people with an agenda unlike most people's.  That, and I have heard more BS info and mis information and contradictory crap than ever before.  If we could get some real honest, medically and scientifically valid answers that made sense it wouldn't be as bad.  Somehow I don't expect that to happen.

I saw some clown in Walmart wearing a GASMASK Saturday!

:ph34r:  I  keep getting calls and requests for gas masks.  I sold out the first week.  Some idiot came in last Friday asking for a gas mask for his wife, as she was flying LA to Spokane, and thought it was a seriously good idea for her to wear a gas mask for the flight......:wacko:

7 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Sorry I pulled your chain Forty.  But perhaps you may need to "shop" your sources of information.

I have been and you've seen the conclussions I have made.  I'll stand by them and if this goes on much beyond May I'll be surprised and will re-evaluate my info.

Archived