SASS Wire Forum

Looking for a highwall

Jakeleg

I’ve got the itch for a highwall to shoot blackpowder in 45-70,wanting something maybe browning,I don’t know about a cimmaron,let me know if you have anything and your thoughts,thanks

Doc Flimshaw has a Browning for sale, you might PM him.

I have a Taylor’s available to sell. 32” bbl. it is however in 45-90 but it shoots 45-70 just as well. Almost new will send pics if you wish. Also have about 100 rounds of black powder rounds I’ll include with several pounds of black powder. Let me know if you’d like pics. 

Thanks guys,I’ll get ahold of doc,and longcolt send me some pics and price please,I don’t know about the replicas what do you think are they as good?

I've got a Uberti High Wall 45-70 with a Lee Shaver Soul sight and Hadley eyecup- shoot black, got 3rd place at the Bill Williams bison shoot at Winter Range.  It took a couple of hundred rounds downrange to get the barrel broken in, but now I feel it will shoot as good as the high dollar guns, the barrels are made by Pedersoli which I am told are some of the best- I made a few changes to mine , cut the metal crescent butplate off and installed a recoil pad, now I can shoot it all day and not have a sore shoulder- they are really a lot of fun-

Jakeleg, I have a Browning BPCR 1885 highwall for sale. It has a replica scope, also have the Browning long range vernier sight. Its a beauty! PM me if you would like more info on the rifle, the scope, or the sights. Im asking 1800 for it. 
   Where in MO are you? I am in east central MO, and shoot with the Gateway shootist society in Arnold, MO

21 hours ago, longcolt 14205L said:

I have a Taylor’s available to sell. 32” bbl. it is however in 45-90 but it shoots 45-70 just as well. Almost new will send pics if you wish. Also have about 100 rounds of black powder rounds I’ll include with several pounds of black powder. Let me know if you’d like pics. 

Private party can NOT ship powder or primers.

You'll have to sell that local FTF.

OLG 

Thanks everyone and all offers are appreciated but one thing leaded to another and I ended up ordering my own 1874 Shiloh sharps rough rider in 45-70 with 30 inch heavy oct,now I need to research best molds,Bullets,brass and sights. Again thanks

48 minutes ago, Jakeleg said:

Thanks everyone and all offers are appreciated but one thing leaded to another and I ended up ordering my own 1874 Shiloh sharps rough rider in 45-70 with 30 inch heavy oct,now I need to research best molds,Bullets,brass and sights. Again thanks

Steve Brooks for moulds.

Starline for brass. Anneal the case mouth.

MVA for sights(don't go the cheap here)I run MVA L/R buffalo Soule w/Hadley eyecup. The MVA #113 works very well for the front sight.

Goex Old 'E' for real BP.

CCI br2 primers.

OLG 

Thanks,Gritz will do and thanks for recommending jumping on in to a quality piece,it’s always something I wanted to do,just no one around me that I know is involved in this.

2 hours ago, Jakeleg said:

Thanks,Gritz will do and thanks for recommending jumping on in to a quality piece,it’s always something I wanted to do,just no one around me that I know is involved in this.

When you talk to Steve Brooks. I recommend a Paul Jones Creedmoor bullet at 540gn.

You want all bands at .458 dia and the nose no more than .448 dia.

Are there any ranges near you that go out past 300yds?

OLG 

Thanks gritz I have 1100 yards here at the house you should come up my way sometime and teach a new dog. Your welcome anytime

Archived