SASS Wire Forum

Contingency Plans

Just thinking out loud to the "community":   What contingency plans have you put in place in the event you or members of the household come down with the virus?  More specifically, are any members more at risk than others, and how are you planning to deal with that if one or more members of the household fall ill?  What about pets, in the event that household members can't take care of them?  

I hope there won't be any need for them, but it might be necessary.

Stay safe.

Tex

Very good points Tex. 

We have purchased sensible amounts of some “over the counter” cold medicines, Day-Quil, Ny-Quil, cough medicines, acetaminophen and ibuprofen.  

We have extra food and water. 

We have enough paper products, toilet paper, paper towels and facial tissue for a reasonable amount of time. 

I have removed decals from my pickup truck that might tell a sh**bird or sh**birds on the prowl that gun owners live at my house. 

We have lots of nitrile gloves, but no masks. 

I would like some isopropyl alcohol and some some masks, but I am not going to freak out if we don’t have these things.  70% alcohol mixed with 30% water in a spray bottle makes for a good basic germ killer and sanitizer. 

I do think NOW would be a good time to discuss home protection plans (for the first time or again) with the family, just so everyone is on the same page. My wife and I discussed it and I hate to say it but my wife thinks I am over doing things, but she now understands why I keep harping on having supplies in case of emergency. 

EDIT:

Oh! And just to be clear...if someone figures out where I live from reading my online posts and they plan to come and take my stuff and do me and mine harm they should know that they will not be successful and they will probably die, so I have that going for me as well. 

That’s not braggadocio. 

Have a wonderful CoVid free day. 

Archived