SASS Wire Forum

Got the Ruger Bisley grip frames, thanks!

Preacherman

Just like Yul as I follow him, Any Ruger Bisley grip frames out there you'd sell? Looking for the metal grip frames. New or old are ok. Let me know, thanks, Preacherman

1 hour ago, Carolina Reaper said:

Are original and new model interchangeable? I know Midway has stainless “large frame” as they put it for $109.

yes, large frames have "ears" on them, the ones from the New Model Vaquero's do not, grind off if need be. probably looking for prefit, less work and hassle.

I am looking for the metal grip frames, grip panels would be a bonus, but I don't need them. Yes, I can get new at Brownells too for $96 each, but trying to get a better price. Keep talking to me. Thanks

1 minute ago, Preacherman said:

I am looking for the metal grip frames, grip panels would be a bonus, but I don't need them. Yes, I can get new at Brownells too for $96 each, but trying to get a better price. Keep talking to me. Thanks

Brain fart, I read through the whole post and pictured the wrong thing in my mind...

New or old are ok. They're for an old model, but both will work. Yes, if need be you can cut off the "ears". I've done that.

1 hour ago, Skinny snake eyes pickins said:

So can you convert a regular vaquero by changing the grip frame to a Bisley?  Is the grip frame the only difference?  

Free bump

Plus the hammer and the trigger and the hex screws for the 2 top grip frame screws to my knowledge

Here we go. A regular hammer and trigger will fit the Bisley grip frame, although it kind of defeats the whole purpose unless you use a super blackhawk hammer, or a lowered one. You'll have gaps at the trigger and hammer areas, no big deal as I have a pair of these. However, a regular plow handle grip frame will not work with a Bisley hammer and trigger without modifying the grip frame. And, yes you need 2 top "Bisley" type hex screws on the backstrap. It's a personal thing, but I just love the Bisley grip frames and lowerd hammer. A superior design for gunfighter and dualist in my opinion. Send me Bisley frames!

On 3/28/2020 at 2:40 PM, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

You want the factory with Ruger medallion? I have a pair laying around somewhere....$30 shipped sound ok? If I find them I'll send pics

Dirty Dan Dawkins, I sent you a PM on these. 

Knucky McPolack

Do they make plastic frames? I thoght all of them were metal, like steel, brass and aluminum.

Right, Grip frames are all made of metal. The grip panels could be wood, plastic, stag, etc. Don't need grip panels.

6 hours ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

Do they make plastic frames? I thoght all of them were metal, like steel, brass and aluminum.

Bisley only available in Stainless or Blued from factory. 

Archived