SASS Wire Forum

Question on EMF 75' outlaw

Turkey Flats Jack

I picked up a pair of 1875 outlaws and i'm trying to figure out the manufacturer. They are stamped EMF on the barrel and I understand they are an importer. I need to know which manufacturer so I can order parts. They were made in 2002 and I'm not seeing any current production by Pietta for this model but does that mean they're Uberti made? The only proof marks I can find are in front of the trigger guard on the frame. Thanks

*EDIT* Confirmed by EMF these are Uberti. They no longer use uberti for pistols which is why they no longer carry them. 

IMG_20200327_205055340.jpg

IMG_20200327_204317734.jpg

18 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I have a pair I really like. Mine had the stock grips replaced with a set of thin panels. For me I find that they are much more accurate with the thin grips.

I had a pair of 5.5" ones years ago. I always gravitated back to my 58's because they had the longer barrels. Now that i'm getting outfitted in 44/40 these seemed more fitting. I initially picked up a set of OMV's in 44/40 but I'm not having squat for luck running them. They'll probably end up over in the classifieds if these outlaws prove to be as good to me as my 58's have been.  

35 minutes ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Question:

Do the new '75's have that dad-gummed retractable firing pin????  I hope not!!!

I'm not even sure what that is. So no? These ones arent new either. the date code stamp puts them being made in 2002. 

There is a wedge on the hammer that keeps the firing pin from sitting on the primer. It moves when the trigger is pulled I think. my new model army factory conversions have it also. 

I like my Outlaws much better than my old 58’s. The trigger guard on the 58’s smashed my fingers but not an issue on the outlaws. Have fun with them. I looked at your new revolvers in classifieds and if I switch from C&B I will look for a set in 44-40 as well. Enjoy!  DC

the little wedge thingie under the firing pin has commonly been called the "hammer-block-safety" (although Uberti has also used that term for the two-position base pin).  The wedge moves forward when the hammer is put on the safety notch and the trigger tip pushes up the rod that sticks down out of the safety notch.  

As to Waxahachie (I bet more people misspell that than Abilene :)) Kid's question, I've never heard anyone mention the Remington hammers changing yet.  You would think Uberti would change that as well.  A call to Taylors or Cimarron would probably tell.  If they say those are going to the safety in the future, I could see a bit of a rush to buy up 4-click Remingtons while still available

2 hours ago, Turkey Flats Jack said:

Every Remington i've ever handled has only ever had 3 clicks. They're no C-o-l-t 

Well, now you are getting into territory I'm a little ignorant, never having owned any.  But I'd sort of expect percussion Remingtons to have three clicks, just like the Colt percussion have 3 clicks, since there is no safety notch.  But the '75 has the safety notch so I would have expected 4 clicks.

1 hour ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Well, now you are getting into territory I'm a little ignorant, never having owned any.  But I'd sort of expect percussion Remingtons to have three clicks, just like the Colt percussion have 3 clicks, since there is no safety notch.  But the '75 has the safety notch so I would have expected 4 clicks.

Im not any sort of expert on the subject. This is only the 2nd pair of 75s i've had and i've never handled a 90 but yeah no remington i've ever handled had 4 clicks. 

I got new 75 outlaws this year.

They’re Ubertis alright.

However, they aren’t outfitted with the retractable pins but do have 4 clicks R-E-M-I.

2 hours ago, Nate Kiowa Jones #6765 said:

The 58's have 3 clicks.

DSCN0206.thumb.JPG.1bc27b0feb526924a2b10285cf27c770.JPG

The 75's and 90's have 4.

1551002396_75rem.JPG.a7e51da170a6f4e03413a3d9897a6728.JPG

I did this conversion. It has three.

DSCN1368.thumb.JPG.c5de5cd4bebce1c4f0ec28f584316ca2.JPG

I've work the Uberti conversion but I don't remember if they were 3 or 4.

Those are some of the purdiest 58's i've seen! This pair of 75's and the 5.5" 75's I had before were all 3 click. The 58's I have are all 3 click as is the cimarron/uberti factory converted new model armys I have in 45 colt. Any chance they have changed in more recent years to the 4 click? The ones pictured were made in 02 and my previous pair would have been older than that as I bought them used around 01. 

31 minutes ago, Turkey Flats Jack said:

Those are some of the purdiest 58's i've seen! This pair of 75's and the 5.5" 75's I had before were all 3 click. The 58's I have are all 3 click as is the cimarron/uberti factory converted new model armys I have in 45 colt. Any chance they have changed in more recent years to the 4 click? The ones pictured were made in 02 and my previous pair would have been older than that as I bought them used around 01. 

I have never seen a 3 click 75/90. Go real slow The last two are really close

4 hours ago, 45 Dragoon said:

Hint, the only reason a Colt SAA has 4 clicks is because it has a "safety notch".   If your S.A.  (of any make) doesn't have a" safety notch" , it is a 3 clicker.  Otherwise, it has a timing issue.

Mike

That might be the case here. That ring around the cylinder may indicating a timing issue. The 75/90's are notorious for dropping the bolt too soon.

On 3/28/2020 at 1:56 PM, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

As to Waxahachie (I bet more people misspell that than Abilene :)

I always heard that you would never get a ticket from THP in Waxahachie. They'll wait until you get to Italy because they can spell that.;)

Small town north of us has a weekly newspaper. One story was about "vandalism" that involved somebody putting a taco under the front seat of someones car. I asked a local why would anybody do that? He said that wasn't the funny part. It was actually a chalupa but the cop couldn't spell it, so he wrote taco in the report.

For parts, I'd try VTI or even Taylors. The Uberti folks in the US are... well... no help.

Even EMF used to have parts and sold em off. They can tell you who bought the parts. Most likely VTI or Numrich

Archived