SASS Wire Forum

Trail Cameras

Yul Lose

I’ve got an old  Moultrie trail cam but the batteries leaked again so I’m looking for a good trail camera, any suggestions? The cellular capability isn’t important because I don’t get cellular service where I live.

BTT.

I don’t own any.  The fellow who manages the property where I hunt has about a dozen newer Moultrie cameras set out, says he gets 6 months per battery.  Some of his cameras are on continuously year ‘round, and have lasted 4+ years, so he is a satisfied Moultrie customer.  Finds them on sale for $70-$80 after the season is over.

1 minute ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

I don’t own any.  The fellow who manages the property where I hunt has about a dozen newer Moultrie cameras set out, says he gets 6 months per battery.  Some of his cameras are on continuously year ‘round, and have lasted 4+ years, so he is a satisfied Moultrie customer.  Finds them on sale for $70-$80 after the season is over.

My only complaint with Moultrie is the batteries, unfortunately. The new battery holders are pretty economical and have to be replaced when the batteries leak. I’ve tried all makes of batteries and after about 5 or 6 months they’ve leaked and ruined the battery holder.

Archived