SASS Wire Forum

Darndest thing...just bought a New Vaquero .45

Pat Riot

I went for a motorcycle ride and as I was going by my favorite LGS I noticed there was no line. There has been a line in front of that store since all this CoVid stuff started. 
I decided to go in and say “Hello”. Great bunch of guys work there. 
I looked on the wall and there were only 3 long guns on the wall. Nothing I would want or need. 
There were 3 handguns in the display case. What stuck out was a stainless Ruger New Vaquero 5.5” in .45 Colt. Kind of surprising as these guys usually have more modern styled and tactical guns there. 
I asked Chuck if it was new or used and he said “New” as he retrieved it and handed it to me. It felt good in my hand. I fondled it a bit and asked how much?

He said $600. 
I bought it.

I think $600 is a good deal for a brand new Ruger New Vaquero. :D

43 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I went for a motorcycle ride and as I was going by my favorite LGS I noticed there was no line. There has been a line in front of that store since all this CoVid stuff started. 
I decided to go in and say “Hello”. Great bunch of guys work there. 
I looked on the wall and there were only 3 long guns on the wall. Nothing I would want or need. 
There were 3 handguns in the display case. What stuck out was a stainless Ruger New Vaquero 5.5” in .45 Colt. Kind of surprising as these guys usually have more modern styled and tactical guns there. 
I asked Chuck if it was new or used and he said “New” as he retrieved it and handed it to me. It felt good in my hand. I fondled it a bit and asked how much?

He said $600. 
I bought it.

I think $600 is a good deal for a brand new Ruger New Vaquero. :D

You really need one for each hand.  :P

OLG 

You'll like it Pat.

I have two stainless steel SASS models in .45 Colt with 5.5 " barrels.

I really like the smaller grips and lower hammers for my hands as I shoot duelist.

Great shooters, but I had to file the front sight on one to get POA and POI together at CAS ranges.

NOW, you'll have to get another!!

3 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

You'll like it Pat.

I have two stainless steel SASS models in .45 Colt with 5.5 " barrels.

I really like the smaller grips and lower hammers for my hands as I shoot duelist.

Great shooters, but I had to file the front sight on one to get POA and POI together at CAS ranges.

NOW, you'll have to get another!!

I actually had one before and I sold it thinking I had a solid deal on an original Vaquero to match one I have now. I missed it. 
I have been using my son-in-law’s Vaqueros while I looked for a mate to my .45.

When I stopped SASS for 10 years I pretty much got rid of nearly all my cowboy guns. I am sort of stating over again...if I ever quit having to go under the knife for one reason or another. 
The one I sold was definitely not a tack driver. I am hoping this one is accurate. If so maybe I will buy a mate for it. 

6 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

You really need one for each hand.  :P

OLG 

Yup.  I saw an OMV for $650 in a gun store a few days ago.  SS, 45 colt, 5.5" barrel, all the things I like.  The main thing that stopped me from buying it was that there was only 1.  I might tip over if I try to shoot one at a time. 

If it had been in 44 mag, I might have gotten it.  If it had been blued AND in 44 mag I definitely would have gotten it because then it would have matched the one in the safe.   

Archived