SASS Wire Forum

A suggestion for your stimulus money

Mad Dane, SASS#5536

How about we all take a little piece of our stimulus money and help support our SASS vendors, most of whom are mom and pop businesses. Buy a box of bullets, a brick of primers, cleaning stuff, that leather item you have been thinking about. This stuff won't spoil, but these business people may be out of business.

I was pondering paying my property taxes.

But it won't pay very much.  I live in NE.

I'm a military retiree because of a deployment injury, so I'm not sure that I am even eligible.

BTW:  Will the "He's not my President people accept the checks"?

When I get MY stimulus check, I’ll believe in magic.

Cat Brules

If this ever comes about-really don't care if it does-going to donate my max amount to Presidents re-election . Really piss off the pelosis'

My plan is to do as you suggested. With half. The other half will go into savings.

Orrrrrrr, whatever my wife says we're doing with it.

Buy a gun and thank the democraps. In fact may get a bumper sticker to that effect:P

I'll just save mine for the time when they want me to pay it back. I don't believe it will come with no strings attached.

uh... maybe I'm the odd man out... but I may hold on to it long enough to get past the current apocalypse just in case my company shuts down and I am without a paycheck for a while.

Of course once things are back to normal, and if I haven't had to use it for living I will definitely be going to the gun shop!

:ph34r:  Did my part already.....my Postal Service carrier hates me......  "I'll bet these are bullets!" she gasped as she came through the door.

Being self-employed, my business won't shut down.  But business volume is off about 60%.

Ours is going into our savings account, and will be used to pay the increased taxes we will all see to pay for this stimulus bill.

$11 BILLION in pork, just for Africa...

Just got a nice box delivered from a great vendor.  As the calendar says, "Spring(s) are here"

Good luck, GJ

Stocks have already turned the corner, and now on the way up from the bottom.
If there is another major outbreak, they might turn down again.

If you have a long time horizon, the market always goes up over time.
I no longer trade.... now I just bottom feed and hold for dividends (income).
This is much less stress, and an easier tax form as well.

13 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

When I get MY stimulus check, I’ll believe in magic.

Cat Brules

Yes it will appear magically in your bank account. Amounts based on 2018 or 2019 tax return. Even if you don't have to file you will get some $$$$. Let the spending begin.

I was planning to buy a gun with mine. But the gun stores around here are sold out, it appears that all those anti gun types went into a panic and starting to buy up anything they could. Can’t find a shotgun anywhere. LOL

I'm shooting my Henry Big Boy lever action at our matches, all of my pards say I need to get a '73. Guess what my stimulus check will be used for. ;)

I am a vendor, albeit a small one.  I really think this is a wonderful gesture.  But I also live in a very rural area where my favorite restaurants, bars, and stores are severely impacted.  I hope everyone spends their stimulus on what best suits their needs.  

12 minutes ago, bgavin said:

Winchester or Uberti?

Winchester

San Jose, where I live, has closed down the gun stores as they were deemed "non-essential". Not the only place this has happened, and the NRA is already sueing cities for doing this.

Property taxes paid already but homeowners ins is coming due soon. And I didn’t get my usual big IRS refund ck so I’ll use the stimulus $ and won’t have to go into my savings. 

On 3/27/2020 at 10:00 AM, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

I'll just save mine for the time when they want me to pay it back. I don't believe it will come with no strings attached.

i am with slim on this one , if i get anything i will hold to see what the strings are , there have been so many discussions of what was in this bill and since they passed it without my getting to read it i think i will wait to see what they hid in there 

8 hours ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

San Jose, where I live, has closed down the gun stores as they were deemed "non-essential". Not the only place this has happened, and the NRA is already sueing cities for doing this.

In California the Los Angeles Sheriff says that the gun stores are not essential but claims if the governor deemed them essential he would keep them open. Meanwhile the governor says he will leave that decision to each sheriff. All while announcing the release of inmates and the fact that they won't even bother investigating most crimes other then violent crimes.

18 minutes ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

In California the Los Angeles Sheriff says that the gun stores are not essential but claims if the governor deemed them essential he would keep them open. Meanwhile the governor says he will leave that decision to each sheriff. All while announcing the release of inmates and the fact that they won't even bother investigating most crimes other then violent crimes.

The county attorney countered that order and got the Sheriff to back off.  The gun store are open again.  

Archived