SASS Wire Forum

US HAS MORE...

Don't forget China's numbers are not reliable.  Also don't forget that California by itself has a bigger population than Italy or Spain.  Texas is larger than mainland Europe, so you'd have to compare Texas to all of Europe combined to get an accurate comparison.

The only thing that most forums prove is that ignorance is bliss. Tell the 1704 families (and rising exponentially) families of people who have died so far in the U.S. that this is blown out of proportion. Tell the people who have dealt with someone seriously ill that this is blown out of proportion. What about the permanent lung damage that many will suffer, they are blowing this out of proportion. Unfortunately you can blame any political figure for this, is all on ignorance and disbelief. 

7 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Don't forget China's numbers are not reliable.  Also don't forget that California by itself has a bigger population than Italy or Spain.  Texas is larger than mainland Europe, so you'd have to compare Texas to all of Europe combined to get an accurate comparison.

NO.  Italy is 60+ million, California is a tad under 40 million, maybe there are 20 million uncounted illegals but I don’t think so.

Spain is 46 + million.

I don't see anyone here saying this isn't serious or that the deaths from the virus are trivial or that the losses people experience aren't important and significant. What I see some people here saying is that we need to keep our heads and not panic or act in blind fear. Despite what many seem to think who have no knowlege or sense of history this is not unprecedented. Our parents, grandparents, and great grandparents all dealt with pandemics and disease and in much of their day there was often no real medical treatments or vaccine. We are blessed to have the medical care, treatment, and services with have today. 

Also the many if not most of the people on this forum are in high risk groups due to age and/or health issues. I can assure you they are not taking this lightly. Myself, I am considered an essential employee for my job and end up constantly having to expose myself to risk working in ERs and I am due to age and health part of the population that are at high risk. 

But this blind panic that leads to people hoarding TP, and other groceries and supplies when there is and would be no shortage except for people panicking and due to that panic creating shortages is destructive and not helpful. The news media hyping disease models claiming millions of deaths based on nothing but some academics projections that are not based on any known facts and only serve to increase peoples panic and hype their ratings is irresponsible and not helpful. The news media hyping the number of infected in the US isn't helpful when it was clear and expected that the numbers would increase a lot due to more testing and due to the fact that even if social isolation is effective it hasn't been in effect long enough to start showing up yet. It should begin to show by the middle to the end of next week. Though with increased testing there may be a lag even then.

Solutions come from discovering facts, then developing effective strategies to intervene. Not from anger, fear, and panic.

Archived