SASS Wire Forum

US HAS MORE...

That's what happens when you do more tests than anyone else and process them faster than anyone else.  Also in that stat - something like 86% of those tested are clean. Of those who test positive, something like 90% have recovered so far.

In 2003 I was part of a USDA task force detailed to Southern California to eradicate the exotic Newcastle virus that had infected poultry.  Fighting gamecocks brought (sneaked) into the US from Mexico had infected chicken, turkey, and duck producers with devastating effects.

Late in the clean up phase, after the disease was declining, one of the public health veterinarians who had become exhausted fighting this disease told me, “We ain’t never gonna get rid of this virus as long as we keep testing for it.”

After I stopped laughing and caught my breath, I realized there was genius in his statement.

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

That's what happens when you do more tests than anyone else and process them faster than anyone else.  Also in that stat - something like 86% of those tested are clean. Of those who test positive, something like 90% have recovered so far.

A fact that the msm would rather not dwell on. I watched NBC tonight and they continued on there fear monger INF. Reporting on the deadly lack of ventilators, deadly death toll, deadly numbers from New York, deadly cases of young people getting it. Deadly outbreak here, there and everywhere. Yada yada. If theses idiots had been working in WWII, the public would have thrown up their hands and demanded we surrender by March of 42. Maybe earlier
:angry: :angry:

14 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Yep. You can't trust the numbers from China.

US has tested more people in the last 8 days than South Korea tested in the last month.

1 minute ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

About the testing statistics, 1% false negatives would be a relatively small number while 1% false positives can be a huge number.

Yep.

Someone else gets it!

;)

24 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

A fact that the msm would rather not dwell on. 8 watched NBC tonight and they continued on there fear monger INF. Reporting on the deadly lack of ventilators, deadly death toll, deadly numbers from New York, deadly cases of young people getting it. Deadly outbreak here, there and everywhere. Yada yada. If theses idiots had been working in WWII, the public would have thrown up their hands and demanded we surrender by March of 42. Maybe earlier

If it BLEEDS it LEADS!

9 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I haven't found anything on it by Trump or CDC or WHO.

You can bet there are a bunch of folks who are seriously working on strategies to blame DT for a) the pandemic,   b) the hit to the economy, and  c) everything done in response that was wrong.  silly.gif

We will get past this hysterical bs, the illness will peak and wane.  But, the big problem will still exist.....China.

Anyone who looks at where this thing started and progressed, will conclude that the Chinese manufactured the virus in their biological warfare lab(s) in “Woohan(?) Province,” released it into their own population, and have exported it world-wide.  They’ve admitted as much.  Why?  To strengthen their failing economy by forcing the West and its allies to weaken their own by throwing their resources at it.  

In the West, every infection and every death is followed, tracked, tallied and becomes a statistic.  In China, the dead are bulldozed into a pit and buried or burned.  

Years ago when the Russians sought US help to nuke and destroy China’s military capability, we declined.  Instead, we established diplomatic relations with them.   A stupid mistake.  In the end, the US, Russia, Britain, France and Japan, will have to destroy China.

That’s my take on the virus, et. al.

Cat Brules

16 minutes ago, Cat Brules said:

We will get past this hysterical bs, the illness will peak and wane.  But, the big problem will still exist.....China.

Anyone who looks at where this thing started and progressed, will conclude that the Chinese manufactured the virus in their biological warfare lab(s) in “Woohan(?) Province,” released it into their own population, and have exported it world-wide.  They’ve admitted as much.  Why?  To strengthen their failing economy by forcing the West and its allies to weaken their own by throwing their resources at it.  

In the West, every infection and every death is followed, tracked, tallied and becomes a statistic.  In China, the dead are bulldozed into a pit and buried or burned.  

Years ago when the Russians sought US help to nuke and destroy China’s military capability, we declined.  Instead, we established diplomatic relations with them.   A stupid mistake.  In the end, the US, Russia, Britain, France and Japan, will have to destroy China.

Cat Brules

You’re holding back. Tell us what you really think.

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

A fact that the msm would rather not dwell on. 8 watched NBC tonight and they continued on there fear monger INF. Reporting on the deadly lack of ventilators, deadly death toll, deadly numbers from New York, deadly cases of young people getting it. Deadly outbreak here, there and everywhere. Yada yada. If theses idiots had been working in WWII, the public would have thrown up their hands and demanded we surrender by March of 42. Maybe earlier

I wonder who the other 7 were?:P

1 minute ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

I wonder who the other 7 were?:P

For those who are not in on this, if you hit the i key just right you get an 8. The same is true of most other letters on the top row of the QWERTY keyboard, but I and e do 8t m9st 9ft3n. And o))))

52 minutes ago, Cat Brules said:

Cat Brules

Can I get some of that tin foil? 

1 hour ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

Can I get some of that tin foil? 

38 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please."

-- Mark Twain

NoName

Do I have to tell you where to find your tinfoil, too??

Slim

I have my facts straight; I think you might just not know what I’m talking about.  Perhaps you should do some difficult research if you doubt me.  Clemens won’t be any help.

Cat Brules

3 minutes ago, Cat Brules said:

NoName

Slim

I have my facts straight; I think you might just not know what I’m talking about.  Perhaps you should do some difficult research if you doubt me.  Clemens won’t be any help.

Cat Brules

Can you tell me where you get yours? It’s apparently better than mine.

I always like to say “you are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts”. 

but apparently I’m your case, you’ve decided to go the route of “when legend becomes fact, print the legend” 

3 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I haven't found anything on it by Trump or CDC or WHO.

Try this one virusncov.com

The numbers in the red box are the ones that have died in the last 24 hours. You’ll notice China and others are not reporting. We have a couple of friends that live in Mexico and they say that entire towns down there have it but as you can see that’s not the case in the reported numbers. Hard to know who to believe on this thing.

You SHOULD already know this stuff.  Do your own research, and don’t write the answers on your sleeve!  There’ll be a test Monday!

Cat Brules 

2 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

Do you have proof?

This virus was discovered in a bat cave in 2013...perhaps they waited until a US election year to allow the bats to leave the cave and political prisoners were forced to eat the bats and drink their blood to get the disease to kick off the party. 
Then some of these people were sent to Italy along with infected textiles to inflict the disease on the Italians...Yeah, I think that’s it!

:P

4 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

Anyone who looks at where this thing started and progressed, will conclude that the Chinese manufactured the virus in their biological warfare lab(s) in “Woohan(?) Province,” released it into their own population, and have exported it world-wide.

Hmm, that's what I found:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9

(consumes a little time to read but it's worth) 

You probably had a different source. Do you have a link? Would be interesting to read it. 

Equanimous

There is more that is not known than is known.  As testing increases there will be more cases of infection found, some countries do little testing. Even the US which has been ramping up the number and the speed of tests still doesn't test many. Even the death rate from country to country is wildly different as each country employs their own protocol related to how they determine cause of death and how many people are tested. So someone in the process of dying of cancer who also catches the virus may have the virus listed as cause of death when what killed them was cancer.  And in some countries only people who show severe symptoms are tested vs others with a lower threshold. 

Thus we have no real idea of the actual lethality of the virus yet. The only way to establish that is to use a test that can also show people who have had the infection but recovered in addition to those who currently have it. To do that they would have to do extensive random testing of people in general so they could catch the non-symptomatic who had or have it too. 

What we do know - older adults and individuals with serious underlying health issues (heart disease, COPD, diabetes, ect...) are at much higher risk while young people and those without underlying health issues are at much much lower risk. Information out of China is unrealiable. The media hypes fear and panic every chance they get. 

What is now suspected is that many more people have had it and have it than was originally thought and that death rates will turn out to be much much lower than initially reported. Good news is the beginning of signs of flattening of new infections and of deaths in many countries. The US infection rate will continue to grow principally due to more and more testing - also the death rate in the US will drop as the number of infected identified grow.  

We won't actually know what the lethality  of the virus is until we have real results that show the number of people infected through expanded testing and research. British researchers who were a week or two ago saying that 2 million could die in Britian are now suggesting maybe 20,000. The current flattening is actually starting to happen too soon for the social isolation to have made such an impact yet which suggests that infection rates may have been much higher than initially suspected and that more people are asymptomatic than initially thought and thus that the virus may be falling to the beginnings of herd immunity and be less lethal overall than thought. 

Still we won't know until more testing is done and time passes. 

I am living in Switzerland which is a direct neighbour to Italy. COVID19 is omnipresent and also here we have several restrictions in daily life. So, I share some thoughts.

As many of you stated the declared numbers of infected people are way lower than in reality as it depends on testing. Also in Switzerland a lot of testing is done and therefore we have a high official ratio of infections but the situation is quite under control so far. In many cases testing is not necessary as the most cases COVID19 are mild; calling the doctor, discussing your health condition with him and if you might are infected staying at home as long it's not getting worse is far the better solution than getting to a hospital to be tested. Tests do make sense if you're feeling good but you had contact with someone who is infected.

But I think while the total number of infections may be important for the analysis of the spread, it is not the main factor for the seriousness of the situation. It's the number of severe cases compared to the hospital capacity in the affected regions. BTW, you should always look at regions instead of countries (northern Italy, Alsace FR, New York). The death rate of the virus may be low and COVID19 may not be that much worse than a other influenzas. But in some highly civilized areas in this world, if you are 80+ or you are just an older adult with serious underlying health issues you won't get medical treatment due the lack of capacity at this moment. You get painkiller for conveniant dying. That's reality.

One could say let's move patients to other regions. "Yeah, bring your COVID19 patients to us" noone said ever. In Spain some people got wind of such a transport and attacked the ambulances. Reminds of Middle Ages...

Hospitals aren't empty during normal days. It doesn't need that much severe COVID19 cases compared to the population to cause a collapse of the health service. Of course, they are trying to create more capacity for such cases. I know several people who had their planned "not essential" surgery cancelled. But it's a drop in the bucket when the virus spreads exponentially.

If you're living in an area that is not that much or not at all affected this whole topic maybe feels palpable and unreal for you and you perhaps call it a hype. That's the ideal soil for a virus to grow and spread if it arrives at your place...     what I certainly do not hope!

I wish all pards and their families and friends all over the world good health and all the best!

Equanimous Phil

I have a question I've not seen anything talked about.    Say half of the population is hunkered down in a hole in panic.   Yet another half is still out there working.  Many with jobs that put them at high risk for catching the virus.  

My question,  why aren't the people still working dropped like flies?   I don't hear any reports contrasting rate of infection between stay at home and those still out in the public. 

Pass the Kool-Aid. 

4 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

I have a question I've not seen anything talked about.    Say half of the population is hunkered down in a hole in panic.   Yet another half is still out there working.  Many with jobs that put them at high risk for catching the virus.  

My question,  why aren't the people still working dropped like flies?   I don't hear any reports contrasting rate of infection between stay at home and those still out in the public. 

Pass the Kool-Aid. 

Wait 2 weeks. 

That will change. 

I am required to go to work. I work in passenger transit. In the last couple of days we have had several people test positive in my agency. Everyday there are more. 

You think you got it bad, we got a couple of BOZOS in charge here in my beautiful Ohio!!! 

https://wethepeopleconvention.org/articles/Brix-proves-Acton-wrong?fbclid=IwAR07yHVspHvXbvgnakBzquYXyJ63uLDvoCBITDmW68rnq7H9amLy7vyhylw

World population:   7,520,000,000

Test positive for China Flu:  552,598

China Flu  deaths:  25,042

Earthlings have a decimal zero seven (.07%) percent change of catching China Flu.

Earthlings have a decimal zero zero three (.003%) percent change of dying from the China Flu.

13 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

NoName

Slim

Cat Brules

Since you didn’t provide proof I will provide some in addition to what Equanimous Phil posted. 

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-not-human-made-in-lab.html

https://www.modernhealthcare.com/safety-quality/covid-19-not-man-made-comparative-genomic-study-finds

https://mustsharenews.com/covid-19-conspiracy-debunked/

https://asiatimes.com/2020/02/covid-19-may-be-man-made-claims-taiwan-scholar/

https://bgr.com/2020/03/19/coronavirus-update-covid-19-is-a-natural-evolution-not-man-made/

Now, I did find some links that claimed this virus was man-made. 

https://realfoodchannel.com/covid-19-is-man-made/

https://londonlovesbusiness.com/scientist-says-covid-19-is-man-made-and-was-released-from-wuhan-lab/

https://www.brasscheck.com/video/covid-19-is-man-made/

I think I will stick with “not man made”. 

17 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

You can bet there are a bunch of folks who are seriously working on strategies to blame DT for a) the pandemic,   b) the hit to the economy, and  c) everything done in response that was wrong.  silly.gif

Well, he might be responsible for what was done wrong.  It seems to me that no one else has done one damned thing at all, except bitch, lie, and blame everyone else. 

Let's see who tries to get the credit when we whip this thing.

If you're of a mind that this whole Covid thing is overblown here's food for thought.

Last year the Atlanta Journal Constitution published an article about a spike in flu deaths.  As of January 1st 2019 Georgia had 15 flu deaths and 6 people died between Christmas and New Years day, or less than 1 death a day.  This was described as a SPIKE in deaths.

Here are some COVID numbers, keep in mind, this is less than two weeks and the virus hasn't become widespread yet.

Georgia 

3/12 - 1 death

3/19 - 9 deaths

3/20 - 4 deaths

3/21 - 0 deaths

3/22 - 11 deaths

3/23 - 1 death

3/24 - 12 deaths

3/25 - 9 deaths

3/26 - 9 deaths

3/27 - 8 deaths at 2 pm

So far - 64 deaths

During that last interval we have 38 deaths in 4 days, almost 10 deaths a day.

A year ago, less than 1 flu death a day was a 'spike'.  We're currently losing ten times that per day and this has only been going on for just over two weeks.

A9983DAE-CC4C-42F6-B6AA-3B9C03000C4F.jpeg

Archived