SASS Wire Forum

The Colors of Spring

Just walking around my neighborhood, the Spring flowers are hope for the soul.

Please, let's share the Spring colors.  Pards, nobody will take away your Man Card if you do share. ;)^_^

IBOvXO.jpg

Hp8Feh.jpg

Our tulips and daffodils will be coming in soon. Pretty good growth so far. Fertilized the yard yesterday, rain today. Be nice in a week or so. I was the first to mow again this year. It was more to bag all the twigs and leaves than anything else. A couple neighbors are not happy.

I spotted these little tiny flowers in my front yard. The yellow one is a little larger than the size  of a pencil eraser. The blue one is half that size. 

32BCF904-1F08-4A2A-9CE2-4C9A00B27DBA.thumb.jpeg.72370e3bafb0a3fb3be16d8b9f47ed8b.jpeg

A188DFAA-5557-418A-828A-71A2CD7550E7.thumb.jpeg.3c8efd88233c4c73b1c23ebdcc3fd842.jpeg

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I spotted these little tiny flowers in my front yard. The yellow one is a little larger than the size  of a pencil eraser. The blue one is half that size. 

32BCF904-1F08-4A2A-9CE2-4C9A00B27DBA.thumb.jpeg.72370e3bafb0a3fb3be16d8b9f47ed8b.jpeg

A188DFAA-5557-418A-828A-71A2CD7550E7.thumb.jpeg.3c8efd88233c4c73b1c23ebdcc3fd842.jpeg

Yellow one is a Sorrell, blue one is a Speedwell.

45 minutes ago, Pulp, SASS#28319 said:

Cool! Thank you. Love that name...”Speedwell” :D

All of these pics are bringing back some memories.  When I was a youngster, we had some relatives who owned a huge Victorian home in Jamaica Plain (Boston).  They sometimes took in boarders.  One such fellow was a botanist/photographer, who tended their gardens in Spring/Summer, and wintered in Arizona, where he photographed desert plants for Arizona Highways magazine.  He got me interested in cacti, to the point that I had 20+ varieties.  Won some local flower shows with unusual flowering cacti - kind of outside the norm in New England.

I really enjoy the desert flora; too bad most of it will not thrive outside around here.

LL

Loophole, do you have some photos of your cactus flowers that you could show?

2 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Won some local flower shows with unusual flowering cacti - kind of outside the norm in New England.

LL

8 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Sorry, no; I was 13 or 14 at the time.

I had to laugh about your grand niece, outfitted like a flowering cactus....she's adorable.

LL

Taken on my trip to Scotland with Mrs. Cassidy in July of 2016, a week after I retired from law enforcement.  The flowers were in a town called Luss on the southwest side of Loch Lomond.  The waterfall was west of there.  The castle ruins by which I'm standing are on a tiny island on Loch Lomond, near Tarbet.  The castle was built and lived in by my ancestors.  

DSC_0061.jpeg

DSC_0062.jpeg

DSC_0063.jpeg

DSC_0064.jpeg

DSC_0106.jpeg

DSC_0454.jpeg

Rub it in.  We got 10-12 inches of snow over a layer of ice yesterday       GW

I’m late to the party.  Keep the photos coming BQ!

The redbud tree in our front yard finally decided it’s Spring.

512DF62E-F8E0-4518-A04D-D0438A0ACEB1.thumb.jpeg.ff10b03a95e07c808c389f186b9a84d8.jpeg

My neighborhood at the present time consists of a lot of asphalt and concrete. There is some green AstroTurf over at the dog park. :angry::(

On 3/27/2020 at 10:41 AM, Pulp, SASS#28319 said:

Persian or Slender Speedwell?

On 4/9/2020 at 3:43 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

My neighborhood at the present time consists of a lot of asphalt and concrete.

Yeah, we have a lot of that.  But, at my house, it's azaleas and dogwood.

I was born and raised in southern Colorado and I remember seeing cactus bloom out there, but my memory fails me. Will those bloom only in the spring?

Thanks for brightening the day!

Archived