SASS Wire Forum

Stay where you is. Mostly.

Utah Bob #35998

So the stay in place order for this county went into effect at 0800 this morning. There are the usual exceptions of course, Medical appointments, groceries, etc.

Oh, and the golf courses are open. Huh? Yeah. They said that comes under the outdoor exercise exception. They showed a worker spraying down a golf cart. Didn’t say how many people were allowed per cart. Hard to keep six feet away from each other in a cart. Hard to get much exercise in a cart too. Weird.

The apartment complex here closed the mail pickup. This was a place where you go get your packages. Totally automated. Put in the code and a box opens. Nobody congregated there. No problem. Now the Deliveries will have to come directly to the apartment. There are over 125 apartments in this place. 3 stories. No elevators. The FedEx and UPS deliveries will probably stop completely and you’ll have to go out to their hub. Totally unnecessary. Idiotic management here. I noticed the landscapers were on the job. That's supposed to be prohibited. No consistency in anything.

I would call the post office and ask them to hold my mail.

I would go to the post office every three days or so wirh a grocery bag and pick up my mail.

Cat Brules

I took both vehicles (one at a time) to the mechanic this morning for servicing.  I figured he would be slow and needing the work and he did.

1 hour ago, Cat Brules said:

I would call the post office and ask them to hold my mail.

I would go to the post office every three days or so wirh a grocery bag and pick up my mail.

Cat Brules

My mail is already being forwarded here from Colorado.

2 hours ago, Matthew Duncan said:

I took both vehicles (one at a time) to the mechanic this morning for servicing.  I figured he would be slow and needing the work and he did.

Thanks from a Shop owner, we need all the work we can get.

Someone with more time on their hands than anybody should have has decided that eastern Oregon is not living up to their part of the "stay in the house" order. They've been tracking cell phone GPS or some such thing and have seen that folks out here are running around all over the place. What they're not realizing is that for a lot of people in this part of the world it's a 50 to 60 mile round trip just to get a loaf of bread or a gallon of milk, so when you go to town you go to more than one place...

What I didn’t consider in my earlier reply above (since I live in a small community), is that your Post Office might be a considerable distance away.

Cat Brules

Archived