SASS Wire Forum

About small businesses

My daughter posted this on FB.

Please check in with all your friends who are small business owners and pass this on. Here are three options for them:
1. If they have any SBA loans, call their lender and request a deferment of their payments for three months. The SBA is now granting these.
2. Apply for Disaster Loan Assistant (link below). These are SBA loans that have not been fully defined yet, but fill out the forms and get in the queue. The website is best late at night.
3. In NH the self-employed can now get unemployment.

You can also support them by buying from them or sending business their way in other ways!

On an aviation blog they were ranting about the airlines getting helped out. One idjit chimed in about how the airlines don't need a bailout they'll just file Chapter 11 when this is over.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

They are so dense that you cannot pound into their miniscule brains that while Chapter 11 may save the airlines, it destroys all the little guys that the airlines owed money too.

I read an article on Fox where a family owned restaurant on the Jersey shore took out a line of credit to pay all of their employees for two months.  Most of their employees had been with them more than a decade. 

If I ever make it up there, you bet they will get some business from me!!! 

https://www.foxnews.com/category/health/infectious-disease/coronavirus

Good for them.

Saw where Zak Brown was crying because he had to lay off his road crew. My first thought is why??? Surely the Zak Brown Band can afford to keep paying their road crew for a few weeks. Even if it is at a reduced rate.

Yet another group of over paid elites that could have made a lot of points with a little personal sacrifice.

15 hours ago, Calamity Kris said:

I read an article on Fox where a family owned restaurant on the Jersey shore took out a line of credit to pay all of their employees for two months.  Most of their employees had been with them more than a decade. 

If I ever make it up there, you bet they will get some business from me!!! 

https://www.foxnews.com/category/health/infectious-disease/coronavirus

Was it a pizza restaurant place? Fox had him on this morning, he took out a $50,000 credit line to pay his employees. He also delivers 30-40 pizzas a day to the emergency room workers at the local hospital. It's two brothers that own this business. They do deliver and have pick up so they've got some business at least!

Archived