SASS Wire Forum

Surgery canceled because of corona

Perro Del Diablo

I was scheduled to have gallbladder removed next week. Friday hospital called and informed me it was canceled because of corona. Ok it’s painful but not any other symptoms to cause emergency. I can understand need for caution and being prepared for possible influx of patients and prevention of spread. Today Dr office called to check on me and review my symptoms. Nurse asked me to hold while she checked on a possible option . Next voice I heard was the surgeon going over my symptoms asking about others I might have. As we discussed I mentioned if only absolutely necessary I would go to emergency room. He said you have my number call my office first. To understand how I am about emergency room I tried talk EMT out of taking me after my motorcycle wreck. I lost that argument and had ride back of ambulance with neck brace to hear X-ray showed a broken wrist. Duh I told police officer that before EMT even arrived. Enough rambling I am thankful my surgeon took time and effort to check on me. 11 years ago he did my gastric bypass surgery and I would recommend him to anyone.

Perro De Diablo

sorry to hear this. I went through a ruptured appendix 3 weeks ago. no way they could put that off. Thought I was going to die. They even gave me morphine twice in the emergency room. Was in the hospital a week. No idea what a gall bladder problem causes but i hope you can get relief soon.

1 minute ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

sorry to hear this. I went through a ruptured appendix 3 weeks ago. no way they could put that off. Thought I was going to die. They even gave me morphine twice in the emergency room. Was in the hospital a week. No idea what a gall bladder problem causes but i hope you can get relief soon.

Severe heartburn pain in right side sometimes chest when get to fever nausea and vomiting it would be no choice. Currently the heartburn and chest pain mostly controlled. Women can have different pain locations.

I had spinal micro-surgery scheduled. It was canceled due to CoVid. They told me if my symptoms get worse to call and let them know. My leg and foot are numb and I am taking ibuprofen for back pain, but I don’t need a cane so it’s okay for now. 

Sorry you are in pain, Pard. I hope they can get you in soon. If your pain worsens I would highly recommend you call them back and raise a little heck to get you in. 

I feel for you, had mine out in 2015. I was MISERABLE the weekend before I had it removed. I was lucky it didn't become an emergency situation; hope yours doesn't either.

Mrs. Lose was scheduled for breast cancer surgery on Friday but that’s been put off also. She’s not happy. The date was set and she met with the surgeon on Friday afternoon an they called yesterday morning to reaffirm the surgery date and give her a few more things to do in preparation an then this afternoon about 3:45 she got a call saying her surgery has been postponed until mid April at the earliest.

Archived