SASS Wire Forum

Calico M-100

Anyone ever have one?  I had one that I modified into a fixed stock with a tubular muzzle can, a vertical front grip ala Tommy Gun, a modified Harris bipod, different sling swivels, and a red dot sight. I was working on fitting a spike bayonet to it but never got the design just right.  I added a flashlight (pre-laser) and had six magazines, three black and three transparent.  Didn't take much to make all of them half black and half transparent.  Final touch was a pair of skull and crossbones ear ring that I got from a head shop and epoxied onto the grips.  I rigged leg holster form the rifle and shoulder holster for a modified S&W .22 semi auto pistol (don't remember the model but the barrel was beneath the center line of the aluminum barrel shroud) and a Gerber boot knife.  It also had mag pouches for five 100 round magazines for the rifle and five for the pistol.

I was a riot to take to the range.   You could shoot all day long without reloading the magazines and it drew a crowd everywhere.  I had a total of around $500.00 in the whole rig and a guy offered me a grand for it.  

Wish now that I had passed it up.

41 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Any pictures or videos??

Image result for calico m100

X-Ray Image

1 hour ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Any pictures or videos??

I dearly wish, but no.

HA!!!  It just came to me: the pistol was an S&W Model 422.  I drilled holes through the shroud from side to side.  S&W did it a year or so later, but their holes were oblong and mine were round.  I put some aftermarket fancy- a$$ grips on it and more skull and crossbones emblems on the grips and a screw on muzzle brake that I found that would fit.

Archived