SASS Wire Forum

Rolls Royce Of C&B Loaders——SOLD

Yul Lose

My doctor came over to my shop yesterday to discuss a piece of furniture that I’m building for him. He’s quite a Colt 1911 collector and in our discussion I showed him some of my C&B (black powder) loading equipment and supplies. He got this weird look on his face and when I was done with the tour he sat me down and went over all of the reasons that it was not a good idea to shoot smoky rifles, pistols and shotguns. My lungs are not in good shape and he felt strongly that shooting black powder and subs would be detrimental to my health. So I have decided to part with anything black powder related, except for my Ruger Old Armies that can be used with conversion cylinders shooting smokeless.

First up is the only rolltop C&B loading center in the world. I built this a few years ago when I was laid up with an inflamed sciatic nerve and Sedalia Dave posted something similar that he had built sans the rolltop. I will throw in the Tower Of Power loading press and the two brass powder dispensers in the deal for $525.00 shipping is additional and I will ship the Tower Of Power separately. You’ll notice in the picture that there is an assembly bolted near the Tower Of Power. If you remove that and the Tower Of Power and bolt that assembly where the Tower of Power was you can load the cylinder on the pistol.

If I were to build another one of these I would only incorporate three drawers total because the drawer knobs are a little hard to manipulate in this configuration. If you’ve got big fat fingers it may be problematic.

857AAF16-1E5E-4745-A7E9-913E86C1D5F0.jpeg

699BA78C-7F89-42CF-BA78-9D0EDFCEFBEE.jpeg

0F4D2D75-29AE-4385-A7FA-96FB10FE320C.jpeg

1FAF1868-11BB-4215-96B8-68DA26E1AA01.jpeg

51D56EBE-5A30-4432-ABF0-3C77EC62394A.jpeg

A249E1E8-DED1-4127-BA2C-815E20244B70.jpeg

FD99A983-ED8A-4136-BA56-28ACB2B2D805.jpeg

4BD70216-4C44-41F1-850E-FF0455D35DFC.jpeg

5051595B-9D55-48EC-9417-6E171C0F4DA8.jpeg

Yu,,l!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a magnificent work of art and utility!!

You are a master I have respected and admired for years.

This "one of a kind" is a mere tiny example your skills, of which I am most envious.

Please find an intern to keep the craft alive.

Ol#4

12 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

What is the wait of this set up?????

Texas Lizard

I’d have to weigh it. You got a wagon to pull it on.

7 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Bump for a master craftsman.

@Texas Lizard please buy this and take away the temptation for others.

or maybe @El Hombre Sin Nombre needs to buy this along with my Capt. Schaefers :D

Tell you what...I will buy it and you GIVE ME the Capt. Schaefers....Sounds like a good deal for me...

Texas Lizard

15 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Bump for a master craftsman.

@Texas Lizard please buy this and take away the temptation for others.

or maybe @El Hombre Sin Nombre needs to buy this along with my Capt. Schaefers :D

Then again how about common core math...I will buy it and save you $525 in money...Then give you the $300 for your Capt. Schaefers....Sound good to you...

Texas Lizard

7 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

Then again how about common core math...I will buy it and save you $525 in money...Then give you the $300 for your Capt. Schaefers....Sound good to you...

Texas Lizard

Well you forgot to regroup and add back the multiplier of 5.

So for $800 it's a deal ;)

24 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Well you forgot to regroup and add back the multiplier of 5.

So for $800 it's a deal ;)

Well there you go again...You Tennessee boys are using your toes again to count....Just remember to wash them before using them...You might count better....

Texas Lizard

There you go, y'all were chit-chatting so much that it got bought right out from under you!

23 minutes ago, Tucker McNeely said:

Can’t wait to see it this summer

It's too beautiful to risk getting dinged at the range.  I plan to make it gun cleaning station in my den.  After I'm gone one of my female heirs will get one heckuva jewelry case!  :D

But I may find a way to let you get a peek!

37 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

It's too beautiful to risk getting dinged at the range.  I plan to make it gun cleaning station in my den.  After I'm gone one of my female heirs will get one heckuva jewelry case!  :D

But I may find a way to let you get a peek!

I’d be afraid to scratch it also.  There’s nothing at my workbench that nice.  It would be very out of place.

Damn few things in my house that nice.   I bet I get to see it before you!!!!!

18 hours ago, Texas Lizard said:

It went to a good home....

Texas Lizard

Yes it did.

Yul, would you consider building another one?

25 minutes ago, twelve mile REB said:

Yul, would you consider building another one?

Yes, but I’ll need JBAR’s permission as his is the only one in the whole world and yours would be the second one in the whole world. I have to name yours the mazzerati, I guess:D. PM me and we’ll visit. Thanks.

43 minutes ago, T-Square said:

where does the line start for the ROAs and all the other paraphernalia?

I shoot smokeless in conversion cylinders and my ROAs ain’t for sale;).

18 minutes ago, T-Square said:

Please ? (heart eyes)

Clean out your mail box. I’m trying to PM you but you can’t receive messages. Don’t get your hopes up mine ain’t for sale.

Yul, you did a fine job on those dove tails, most people don't know how hard they are to do and get perfect fit with out fillers.  Hat's off to ya.:excl:   Oh one more thing, I don't see many guys using a brand on there projects

Allens wood projects 014.JPG

On 3/25/2020 at 7:07 PM, Yul Lose said:

Yes, but I’ll need JBAR’s permission as his is the only one in the whole world and yours would be the second one in the whole world. I have to name yours the mazzerati, I guess:D. PM me and we’ll visit. Thanks.

I could never deny the pleasure of owning your works of art to anyone else!  Build and sell as many as you can!  ;)

Archived