SASS Wire Forum

Political games at Foggy Bottom

Trailrider #896

Without regard to political parties, I am deeply incensed by the political machinations going on at Capitol Hill!   These idiots are more concerned about their political agendas than in the help needed by the citizens they are supposed to represent and serve!  I only have one vote, but maybe, if the rest of us get sufficiently torqued off, we could show them where to get off this coming November!  :angry::angry::angry:  Maybe, if the 535 or however many were to join the ranks of the unemployed, we might get past this sooner!  And the majority of the news media aren't much better, and are certainly not helping the whole situation!  I better go take my blood pressure meds before I have a cerebral hemmorhoid! (Hmm. Does that imply I have my head up and locked?)

I take mild exception to your statement!!  The media is far worse than the congress!!!! :angry::lol:

Well you know funding a green new deal, federal funds for abortion, and same day voter registration is so much more important than helping working people and small business and fighting the pandemic.

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

By the way, Foggy Bottom is a neighborhood of DC the contains George Washington U. and Dept of State.  Not the Capitol.

That may be true geographically, but that bunch up on the Hill are about the foggiest bottoms in the country!  And that fog sure goes all the way up to between their ears!  :rolleyes: 

As the Good Book says in Ecclesa...Eccles....the Old Testament, "There's nothing new under the sun."

Well one thing is for sure I can eliminate anyone in a certain political party from my list of people I might vote for. In my mind, they are complicit because they are not publicly stopping this BS. :angry:  

As a small business owner my income has come to an all dead stop, and does not look like the shakles will be removed in the near future,  but I am positive if the boys and girls on the hill failed to get there pay and loose their lively hood, you bet they would drop all the jocking games and get-r-done. November will be a green mile for a lot of Demmies.

1 hour ago, Major General Shagnasty said:

As a small business owner my income has come to an all dead stop, and does not look like the shakles will be removed in the near future,  but I am positive if the boys and girls on the hill failed to get there pay and loose their lively hood, you bet they would drop all the jocking games and get-r-done. November will be a green mile for a lot of Demmies.

If only that were true.  They have their ardent followers, too; and in this neck of the woods, there are more folks standing in line with their hands out, seeking employment and positions and advantages, and still believing that patronage to the Democrat party is their ticket to comfort and security.  To them, their Senators are fighting for their ideals and a deserved piece of the pork pie.  The calls to "Resist!" are still heard in the homes of the Party faithfuls.  And the Dems in the Senate are delivering.

LL

The true Republican faithful on the other hand are still in "do nothing" mode with their heads collectively buried.  Just ask for a count of backed-up legislation on Moscow Mitch's desk.  Last discussion of assistance the dedicated Republicans wanted to give all the money to the corporations and allow a money grubbing idiot to oversee the distribution.  Good Luck.  Let November Ring!!!

The Senate is ready to vote.

The house has adjourned.

:angry::angry:

How about we keep the brick and rock throwing political rhetoric to a dull roar.

There's plenty of crap from both sides of the aisle.

2 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

How about we keep the brick and rock throwing political rhetoric to a dull roar.

There's plenty of crap from both sides of the aisle.

And that’s where the bricks and rocks need to be flung!

Archived