SASS Wire Forum

Old pic discovery

With lots of time these days I stay in shop a lot.  I often take a break from moving nails from wall to change position of something, move a pic or tool, and sometimes I do a little clean up which usually produces old photos.

I believe this photo was taken in 2007 at the SW Regional or Showdown match banquet at Cleburne, TX.  Do you recognize the guys.....which one is Bob and which one is Doc?  If you know them both you will enjoy the tremendous humor.

Handlebar Doc and Bob.jpg

I know them Boy'z........... Is the moral of this...... Dont git dressed in the dark    ???

24 minutes ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

I remember they snuck behind the curtains. When they emerged, WA LAH!

And remember Bob would point at Doc and say, "I'm Doc he's Bob".

16 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

I guess their feet were different sizes. :)

Just noticed that.  I believe you be right.

19 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

I guess their feet were different sizes. :)

Maybe. But it's more likely that Doc didn't want to put his feet in Bob's boots, nor have Bob's feet in his.

5 minutes ago, Marauder SASS #13056 said:

Yup, Doc in a white hat.

But H Bob's white hat...:)

47 minutes ago, Hipshot SASS#7 said:

Looks like Handlebar Bob on the left and Handlebar Doc on the right.

Them good ol'days  Hipshot.  

Thanks for posting the pic Billy.  The backstory is,  Doc and I were seated at the same table during the awards ceremony.  Bull Shoals (another name from the past) was also seated with us and bet Doc $20 that he would not change into my B-Western outfit.  Well, Doc had had just enough libations to accept the bet and, obviously, changed with me.  I could never fill Doc's boots, so we did not exchange boots.  I have never forgotten the event, but I did not know there was evidence of it.  

1 hour ago, Handlebar Bob #4650 said:

Thanks for posting the pic Billy.  The backstory is,  Doc and I were seated at the same table during the awards ceremony.  Bull Shoals (another name from the past) was also seated with us and bet Doc $20 that he would not change into my B-Western outfit.  Well, Doc had had just enough libations to accept the bet and, obviously, changed with me.  I could never fill Doc's boots, so we did not exchange boots.  I have never forgotten the event, but I did not know there was evidence of it.  

It's hard to hide "some" things even when among  "friends".  :D  Bull would certainly be one to instigate such a happening.

1 hour ago, Half-a-Hand Henri said:

Too funny!  Was liquid courage involved?!?

Not on Handlebar's part. Handlebar, on the other hand, is a notorious imbiber!

Archived