SASS Wire Forum

Blood typing

Alpo

12 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

MizPete:

I am delighted you survived your parents' Rh differences.

I am O+, my wife is O-.

Thank goodness for RhoGam injections.

For those of you married folks who did not have to deal with Rh+/Rh- incompatibility, the RhoGam injection reduced the possibility that subsequent children would be "blue babies", fetuses whose red blood cells were damaged by antibodies from the mother that attacked the fetus's red blood cells.  You can look it up, or I can deliver another lecture upon request.  I mean, I'm indoors for a while, gives me something to do!!

:lol:

I remember as a younker, a cousin that was born as a blue baby.  Didn't understand it well at the time but he almost died.  Took an entire transfusion as I recall, for him to recover.

15 hours ago, Kid Rich said:

And that shows up on a blood test? :blink:

kR

:lol:

I wish!  If it should ever be developed it should be a mandatory test for anyone running for any office, anywhere.  Even a seat on the HOA.  If it shows any indication of stupidity the person should be quarantined for the rest of his / her life.

My daughter donated blood for the first time, at 46. She found she has a blood type rarer than ab-. She has an rh null factor. It's called Golden Blood. According to Google only 50 people in world have it.

Archived