SASS Wire Forum

Saw this guy on tv. Had to rewind to see the uniform.

The USPHS is one of the eight uniformed services in USA. This is Vice Admiral Adams, the Surgeon General of the US.  The uniform is NAVY.  I freeze framed it to get a look at the hat device. If I get curious later I will look up the ribbons.

54FC2504-1EB7-4588-8A75-FD1C35977DE2.jpeg

One of 8 uniformed services but not a military service...?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Public_Health_Service

But it does fall under the UCMJ if militarized under executive order. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniformed_services_of_the_United_States

Weird. 

Almost a Navy uniform.one wonders why it’s the Surgeon General and not the Surgeon Admiral.

I recall when a Coop was chosen A friend of mine said, “ At least they’re chose a Navy guy”. :lol:

49 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

The USPHS is one of the eight uniformed services in USA. This is Vice Admiral Adams, the Surgeon General of the US.  The uniform is NAVY.  I freeze framed it to get a look at the hat device. If I get curious later I will look up the ribbons.

USPHSCC Surgeon General Badge.png
Office of HHS ID Badge.png
PHSCC FMRB.png
106px-Public_Health_Service_Outstanding_ Public Health Service Outstanding Service Medal
106px-Public_Health_Service_Outstanding_ Public Health Service Outstanding Unit Citation
106px-Public_Health_Service_Unit_Commend Public Health Service Unit Commendation
106px-Public_Health_Service_Crisis_Respo Public Health Service Crisis Response Service Award
106px-Humanitarian_Service_Medal_ribbon. Humanitarian Service Medal
106px-Public_Health_Service_Regular_Corp Public Health Service Regular Corps Ribbon
106px-USPHS_Commissioned_Corps_Training_ Commissioned Corps Training Ribbon

There are 7 Uniformed Services, USPHS medical staff work with the Navy , CG , IHS , etc 

there uniforms  are mainly navy unless they are wearing the blue ODUs which are CG without the CG shield.

The surgeon general is equivalent to a 3 star admiral.

4 minutes ago, Okiepan said:

There are 7 Uniformed Services, USPHS medical staff work with the Navy , CG , IHS , etc 

there uniforms  are mainly navy unless they are wearing the blue ODUs which are CG without the CG shield.

The surgeon general is equivalent to a 3 star admiral.

Eight now, Space Force.

3 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I was trying to find the NOAA uniform devices. There seams to be no website (that I could find :ph34r:) dedicated to NOAA. Many pictures of NOAA with USCG but not very clear. I gave up.

NOAA Awards and Insignia

I worked with a guy who was a USPHS officer during the Vietnam era. His comment:

"The Yipee's  motto at that time was "Better Red than Dead." Ours was "Better Pink than Inconvenienced."" I believe he worked in DC.

Archived