SASS Wire Forum

Ladies, I'm thankful!

Yazoo City Gal

That my husband stumbled on this sport, that he invited me to watch, that I wanted to participate, that I learned and developed  a new discipline and skill set.  What say you?

Yazoo-

Hi Yazoo,

Hubby also found this sport several years before I did. I was busy with school. As soon as I graduated (December 1998), I started practicing. I had very little experience with guns. My first match was in May 1999. I was instantly addicted. In 2000, we shot 50+ times. I'm still shooting despite Hubby quitting in 2005 due to peripheral neuropathy. However, I shoot much less without him.

I know you lost your husband. I hope you keep shooting. I know it will be good for you to get out among dear friends. I met Judge when I was in Illinois in 2010 at the US Open in Sparta. I wish I'd met you too. I need to get back there again. I hope our paths cross then.

Sincerely,

Allie

I am grateful everyday for my life, health, family, friends.  And I try to say that...aloud...daily.

I am incredibly grateful for this sport.  I like sports, always have -- as participant and spectator alike!  As Chicago born and raised, I wasn't familiar with any firearms until that pesky husband of mine finally dragged my butt out to the range to watch.  And you know what?  It was the WOMEN I saw there that really sparked my interest.  I met all those marvelous people Windy had been telling me about and that was it!  Mostly because they were having so much fun with their husbands, boyfriends, family members, partners.  Then there was the competition...and that's always fun.  Yes, the social side of this crazy game is like a drug! I will be forever grateful that I'm a cowboy action shooter because in SASS we can participate and compete until ... well ... we can't.  

Isn't it amazing that a great many of us now have friends of all ages in cities, states and countries we haven't traveled to and may never see?  Wow.  Thanks for posting, Yazoo.   You're one of my favorite Southern Belles!  And there's so MANY of y'all!  LOL

My wife started shooting about 10 years after I did. It took awhile to get use to shooting with her. It just didn't feel right. Now it doesn't feel right if she's not there.

Yazoo, we are glad your husband found us too. And equally glad you enjoy it so much. Keep shooting with us.

What Tom B. Stone said!!

Now!!  If we could just get Schoolmarm shooting again!!

Yazoo, I am so thankful that you and Judge shared many great times over the years, with Kiss and I.

I won't forget. Miss him all the time.

As for you, I/we hope to see you, soon, in May, maybe? I think you know what I mean.

Harley. 

Archived