SASS Wire Forum

Not the Black Death

Utah Bob #35998

Of course I realize that many of us geezers are in the higher risk category. My Post was addressing the overall mindset that has caused such fear and overreaction in the public. Hazmat suits while shopping at Walmart, demanding to get tested even though you have no symptoms, price gouging, stripping the shelves of toilet paper etc etc.

I’m just calling for some reasonable and thoughtful response. Probably too late for that though.

30D88D96-179E-4094-A07C-68A91E8AD8E6.png

28 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Of course I realize that many of us geezers are in the higher risk category. My Post was addressing the overall mindset that has caused such fear and overreaction in the public. Hazmat suits while shopping at Walmart, demanding to get tested even though you have no symptoms, price gouging, stripping the shelves of toilet paper etc etc.

I’m just calling for some reasonable and thoughtful response. Probably too late for that though.

30D88D96-179E-4094-A07C-68A91E8AD8E6.png

It’s never too late for reasonable and thoughtful discussion. More is needed in these times, whenever it can occur. 

5 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Same here ~ I am highly susceptible to respiratory issues.  I do not "catch a cold."  If I'm around someone with a sniffle, I'll get it, it will trigger asthma, then serious bronchitis, and I've had pneumonia more times than I can remember.  January of last year Helen Brimstone's grandson shared a "sniffle" with me ("It's just allergies!" - NOT!). A week later I went down, and it took the better part of two months 'til I could breath normally. There were times I wondered if I'd recover at all.

This is exactly where we are right now.
Nurse-student daughter, SIL and grandson live with us while she finishes school.
3 year old is a germ bag.
They went to Disney on Ice, brought home FLU-A.

Two months later, Wrongway and myself are still fighting with residual lung problems.
She has been through a full course of Prednisone, no success.

We live on my big nebulizer machine, but she isn't getting any better.
Mulberrys are in full bloom now, and it is allergy/asthma season again, plus residual lung problems.

We do not "catch a cold" either.
I have great grand kids, but I am sick to death of being around them and catching their colds... because these become epic illness for us.

THIS is black death.

serveimage(2).jpg.d79e36284bee8fae5590f497f2be633a.jpg

serveimage(4).jpg

1 hour ago, Dantankerous said:

THIS is black death.

serveimage(4).jpg

Oh yes but I do have the cure.

30 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I'm not sure even my 300 Win-mag could cure that. 

It could... it could.  ^_^

3 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

THIS is black death.

serveimage(4).jpg

I recall seeing those critters bein led around with a ring thru their nose by 8 year old kids.

CDC estimates that, from October 1, 2019, through March 14, 2020, there have been: 38,000,000 – 54,000,000 flu illnesses and 23,000 – 59,000 flu deaths. Where is the panic there? Why the panic with Covid-19? Media needs to fill their 24/7 news venue. People are being lead by the nose. What is the media not telling you? The researchers have looked at how severe the illness was for those who were diagnosed. The good news: more than 80% experienced only mild symptoms. Almost 14% were classed as severe cases, while the condition of almost 5% was determined to be critical. Where did common sense go? The media is criinal, and politicians are afraid to buck the tide. I feel for our country.

17 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

THIS is black death.

serveimage(4).jpg

Poor disguise. Why is the handlebar mustache above his nose?

14 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I recall seeing those critters bein led around with a ring thru their nose by 8 year old kids.

Cape Buffalo with a ring in its nose?  

I pity the dude who drew the short straw and had to install the ring. 

2 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Cape Buffalo with a ring in its nose?  

I pity the dude who drew the short straw and had to install the ring. 

Cape, Water, Wing. Ya seen one buffalo ya seen em all.

Archived