SASS Wire Forum

RV Travel Updates

Lawdog Dago Dom

Attached is a link I found that is updated daily with RV travel/camping news during this pandemic. Wishing happy and safe travels to all.

https://www.rvtravel.com/?s=Coronavirus+News

Thanks.  Until we get a BETTER understanding of this virus threat, all information, tips and opinion is welcome.  I don’t think we have complete information yet and what all these “shutdowns” are based on, their real origins, and how far they are intended “to go”.

Thanks again,

Cat Brules

1 hour ago, Cat Brules said:

I don’t think we have complete information yet and what all these “shutdowns” are based on, their real origins, and how far they are intended “to go”.

Shutting down large segments of business and society -

Based on:  successful fights against COVID-19 carried out by Hong Kong and Singapore (having very dense populations that make spreading the virus easy)

Real origins:   because those techniques worked in those cities, and most other techniques (as used by China, Italy, Germany, France, and the US) have not worked very well.

How far they go:  Time wise, they need to go until the virus is well controlled - reductions until maybe 5% of the peak infections are still hanging around

Distance wise, they need to be carried out where there are outbreaks of the virus, and the cheapest success comes if the shutdowns are put in place before the outbreaks get serious.

just Epidemiology 101

good luck, GJ

Thanks Dom. I’ve been using this site for a while now. I find it very helpful during my quest to get back home. Hopefully we make it before things get even more restrictive.

As a full time RV'r with no home to return to. I have been keeping a close eye on this situation. We are changing our travel plans and are heading back to where our kids live to be closer if need be. We have not had a problem getting reservations at places and most parks are accommodating rapidly changing travel plans. They have cancelled all social gatherings and closed common area's. Most are leaving the restrooms and laundry facilities open. People have pretty much been staying at their respective campsites. We'll see how this thing goes but hopefully it will be under control soon.

We just back from camping 10 days in South Georgia state parks.  Actually, we were headed to the Florida State match when it got cancelled and we just didn't go home.  The campsites were pretty spread out and lots of acreage and trails to go hiking with the dog.  We didn't go out to restaurants or any local attractions.  At least the weather was nice.   The campgrounds were mostly full and all the facilities were open.  I guess a lot of snowbirds are working their way back home.

Archived