SASS Wire Forum

My Thought about Covid 19

Ignorance can be deadly but so can hysteria.  Think and research and research some more.  There is certainly more than one source of valid information out there.  Make sure you listen to more than one or two.

I got a full tank of gas in the truck and more for my ATV.

My guess is that my truck will still be full this time next week, but my ATV won't.

My .22 ammo supply will also be dwindled down somewhat.

I plan to stay home.  Ride the ATV back out on the farm and shoot my .22 pistols.

I might even break out a .22 rifle to blast away on glass marbles I have.

..........Widder

In all of this, here near the original 'ground zero', I've seen no signs of either panic or hysteria. Remember almost all cases, and indeed all deaths, were in the Seattle area at first. We're 30 miles from there, and now have our 'share' of cases.

So the 'heavy buying' started here weeks ago, and continued until recently. In all that time, in long lines and the big boxes, etc., we only ever saw calm and good humor.

Folks obviously were concerned, and were 'buying big', but there was never panic. The use of the terms 'panic' and 'hysteria' are grossly overstated. And yet everyone here has been aware of the reality and seriousness of the situation.

Now, buying is very calm in the supermarkets, the supply chain is fine, and the only real shortage is, of course, toilet paper. Yet I got a pack this morning! My bet is that it will be back on the shelves soon. Bottled water was rationed just a week ago. Now nobody is buying it from the mountainous displays at our Safeway.

800 people per day are dying from this in Italy. It's real. One of the most interesting, but discouraging things, is to see the low-grade paranoia, conspiracy thinking, and other strange responses to the facts. I'm convinced that we humans have so many denial mechanisms that these sorts of responses are, for a time at least, inevitable; alas.

I am taking precautions as much as possible .

I shut down my business for a few weeks .

My wife and I are staying home as much as possible 

Washing hands and not visiting people or have any company over .

Its all in The Lords hands and I will Keep my faith in The Lord and Pray for all.

One thing I have been telling everyone to keep the homeless in our prayers .

They are likely the most Vulnerable and with only drive threw open .

Most dont have a Vehicle and may have a harder time getting food .

Rooster 

I posted this on my FB page so my kids and family around the country can know what we are up to.:

My Saturday morning supply run....

9AM...Stop and Shop Grocery...20-30 people, shelves are quite bare, no meats, few breads, no Half and Half, No tuna, very few package sandwich meats...Deli looked good, lots of produce...No one in self checkout so no distance issues.
9:30AM...CVS Pharmacy...4 people...seemed well stocked. No Tylenol but did have generic. Floor was marked out with tape to maintain CDC recommended distance
9:45AM...Drove by Shooting Supply Gun Shop on way to meat market. They open at 10am and there was 20-25 folks in parking lot
10AM...RT6 Westport Meat Market...There are two within a few hundred yards of each other. The new facility, just opened recently was closed with sign on door to check FB for when they would reopen. The older, established butcher shop was open. 6 people waiting for meats. I got 5# Hamburg and 4 one inch beautiful steaks. Very fair prices.
10:30... State Road Liquor store...I was only one in there. Extremely well stocked
10:45....Drive back by the gun shop....At least 50-60 people in parking lot. Parking lot full with cars parked for quite a distance on side of RT6.....Not sure I understand this whole thing...

Home now and totally decontaminated....helping Karen make her world famous Lasagna...from scratch! Yum!

Have a wonderful weekend!

What Allie and Kris said is very true and very good advice. 

There are news agencies / representatives out there that are politicizing this and others that are spinning things to cause angst and unnecessary worry. 

Just listen to a press conference with our President. There are those in attendance pushing an agenda. 

I guess the words “people should come together and fight this....” are only valid if they meet your agenda or way of thinking. And I am not just talking about Leftists. I have seen/ heard some dumbassery from the Right as well. 

It is my hope and prayer that ALL of this was an overreaction and that CoVid 19 proves to be a flash in the pan...demic :D

Sorry, couldn’t help that...

Of course, if this happens there will be those that use that as a weapon or tool for there agenda. 

Keep an open mind. :)

It appears to me that most people are incapable of actual research. They look at FB posts, blogs, Instagram and Twitter rather than bonified professional sources. The result is a knee jerk reaction to the latest inflammatory headline. I have given up on responding to friends who forward ridiculous “info” they got off thee Internet or heard from a friend of a friend who knows something.
The media keeps a constant stream of updates telling everyone about new cases, more deaths, and projections.
They should be stressing that this is a minor illness for most of the victims, who then recover completely. Oy ! :angry:

Yes there is a virus and yes we must be cautious..was it deliberately introduced, time will tell. I am a skeptic & think there is more involved. We are told here in Australia that the kids can go to school, seems the authorities think they are safe as the younger ones are not contracting the virus & we must continue their education, is it me or does it not just add up !! I mean was there something in the younger ones vaccinations for other things but with a little something added ..I know, I know some will say get a hold of yourself but I just can't help it..something is fishy !!

The #1 priority is breaking the chain of transmission.
C19 is a droplet transmission, not a true airborne.

The likelihood of an infected sneezing in your face is pretty low.
However, the likelihood of that same infected sneezing on a solid surface, a door knob or gasoline pump is FAR higher.
Recent analysis shows C19 can live up to 9 days on hard surfaces.

You can identify those who understand this, because they wear an N95 mask and latex gloves in public / high risk areas.
Think of the gas pump nozzle... handled by so many people every day.
Let your imagination run, as to where those hands have been.

Practice "Safe Refueling".  Use your latex...
If you can't get latex gloves, use a disposable dog-doo bag.
When I shot this one of Wrongway... I didn't notice she was flipping me off...

2020.03.17-Hoarding-02.360.sfw.jpg

As some of you know I'm semi-retired and I tune pianos. I did some last week but the Governor ordered us to stay home till April6, except for essentials like food, gas, drugs, repair services like auto, home. I'm cancelling 6 customers this week and 5 that I have booked for next week. Piano tuning is NOT essential, play your piano out of tune or turn on the radio, this guy's not coming to your house since I don't know anything about the people in your house! Sorry!! Hope we can reschedule, if not......Oh well........Bye!:P

Archived