SASS Wire Forum

Little known fact about the Corona Virus

I learned something today from a bank's webcast about the virus.  About ninety per cent of coronavirus cases are in a  band that begins at  52.5 degrees N Latitude and  extends south to 22.5 degrees N Latitude.  That covers Europe, China, U.S. That is, roughly, from the southern point of the Arctic Circle down to the Tropic of Cancer.  That's the majority of the world's population.

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

If you think that this is funny, I assure you that it is not.:(

Was never meant to be funny. :mellow:

I didn't see any :P or :D or :lol:, along with the post, just a unique approach to the letters within the words.

No one is saying the virus is something to be laughed at; however, there have been too many posts making fun of it and toilet paper, etc.

I have posted some serious issues regarding the virus along with informative data and do not take this topic lightly.

Yes, I have, along with other Pards, posted cartoons, etc. and took no offense to theirs.

I certainly did not expect any with this post.

Sincere apologies to anyone that may have felt as you did, as I am sure there were others who thought it in the same manner I presented it.

Hopefully, no hard feelings and we're good.

11 hours ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

I learned something today from a bank's webcast about the virus.  About ninety per cent of coronavirus cases are in a  band that begins at  52.5 degrees N Latitude and  extends south to 22.5 degrees N Latitude.  That covers Europe, China, U.S. That is, roughly, from the southern point of the Arctic Circle down to the Tropic of Cancer.  That's the majority of the world's population.

I heard that from another source, too. So -- the majority of the cases are where the majority of people are? Whodathunkit?

I guess that helps explain why there are no cases where there are no people. :lol:

14 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Was never meant to be funny. :mellow:

I didn't see any :P or :D or:lol:, along with the post, just a unique approach to the letters within the words.

No one is saying the virus is something to be laughed at; however, there have been too many posts making fun of it and toilet paper, etc.

I have posted some serious issues regarding the virus along with informative data and do not take this topic lightly.

Yes, I have, along with other Pards, posted cartoons, etc. and took no offense to theirs.

I certainly did not expect any with this post.

Sincere apologies to anyone that may have felt as you did, as I am sure there were others who thought it in the same manner I presented it.

Hopefully, no hard feelings and we're good.

One thing that they taught us during military officer training, was that no matter how dire the situation, never lose your sense of humor.

28 minutes ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

One thing that they taught us during military officer training, was that no matter how dire the situation, never lose your sense of humor.

Oh goody.  Someone else is offended by trivia.

P. O. O. P.

See below

"coronoavirus" has 11 letters and 39,916,800 possible combinations.

"carnivorous" is the only other word possible from these letters.

You may now resume your shelter-in-place activities...
;)

@bgavin,

I was lucky to have found it on my 26,756,833rd combination!  f23f3ba46b96721c07983c96c2b03c07.png.596cd632cf48f428d1b955f1b2bf04f5.png

Cool Gun,

Actually, I didn't find it offensive but rather kinda ironic in its conception.

The Crono Virus is being very Carnivorous with our society as we know it.

Thats how I took it.

But I can understand that its a very sensitive topic which we all must consider

discussing in a respectable manner.   Many are being effected with actually

having it.    And the rest of us are being effected in many other ways.

..........Widder

Widder,

And that is why I presented it.

I always seem to find these instances where the odds are astronomical, or unique in nature.

Thank you for your input and appreciate the positive response.

Archived