SASS Wire Forum

Schofield Washer?

Somehow the little washer that seats the grip screw on my .38 Uberti Schofield unwound itself somewhere and is lost. The result is that the screw sticks out too far so you can't grip it without the screw digging into your palm.  Can anyone point me to an aftermarket gun parts dealer that would carry these teeny-tiny washers?

10 minutes ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

Is it 

Item
Code
UB:150044

Description
Uberti Left Grip Nut (1875, 1890, Schofield, Laramie)

?

Saw that, but I thought that was a non-threaded insert (escutcheon). The OP specifically said small washer so I wasn't sure if there was one or not.

31 minutes ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

Saw that, but I thought that was a non-threaded insert (escutcheon). The OP specifically said small washer so I wasn't sure if there was one or not.

It most likely is the escutcheon missing. (translation of parts nomenclature can be a bit confusing at times)
If that part (44) is missing from the left grip, the screw will protrude from the right side.

2 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

I have found some similar items in the specialty hardware bins at hardware stores.

That might be a less expensive & easy fix!

3 minutes ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

Oh dear, I feel very silly after reading this thread.   The title had me thinking it was some sort of gadget to clean Schofield revolvers.

If you take your grips off they're dishwasher safe!

Thanks everyone. Thanks you you cowpokes I was able to order my missing part (and some spares) from VTI. I had ordered from them in the past and totally forgot about them. 

Archived