SASS Wire Forum

Insider trading contributing to the stock market crash

Sedalia Dave

36 minutes ago, Grass Range said:

Proof?

Look it up:

From the Article Dave posted

The data is listed on a U.S. Senate website containing financial disclosures from Senate members.

Our newly appointed by the governor senator, whose husband is head of the new York stock exchange sold millions the day the Senate was briefed on the virus.  This was before the market tanked.  Another candidate of the same party will get my vote instead 

From the articles I've been reading, it looks as if a few of our congressmen and women sold off a sh%# load of stocks after the committee they were on learned about the coronavirus. I hope they are all found guilty of insider trading and sent to prison. 

1 minute ago, Arizona Gunfighter said:

From the articles I've been reading, it looks as if a few of our congressmen and women sold off a sh%# load of stocks after the committee they were on learned about the coronavirus. I hope they are all found guilty of insider trading and sent to prison. 

Diane Feinstein will get a free pass. The others won't. You heard it here first. <_<

"The Untouchables" (Democratic Style): Obama, Hillary, Feinstein, Schumer, Pelosi, Nadler, Brennan, Clapper, Comey, feel free to add to the list if you can think of any more. <_<

It all depends. Burr may have made individual sale decisions. I doubt the others have, Rep or Dem.

I've never directed an individual investment in my 401k for decades. Buying and selling is reported to me. And I'm a private citizen. Many senators and members of congress have blind trusts anyway.

I'll wait for about 10 days to get agitated by this one.

In other news, Nicki Haley has resigned from the Boeing board, objecting to the company's request for federal bailouts. Good move. My rank speculation is that she'll be Trump's vice-presidential nominee this Fall.

Insider trading by politicians?  Absolutely.
The cause of the crash?  Not a chance.

Hedge funds are what drive the market.
Mom 'n Pop investors, or what they call "retail investors" make up a very small part of the market.

Look at the price and volume chart at 2pm.
When the brokers start making margin calls after the lunch hour, this dip is a good sign of margin selling that depresses the stock price further.

Archived