SASS Wire Forum

Door to Door Covid-19 testing scam

Sedalia Dave

Heard that scammers are going door to door claiming to test for the virus and charging a fee for the service.

One comes to my door, Covid-19 will be the least of their troubles. :angry:

I normally answer my door at night with gun in hand. I believe I will start doing this during the daylight hours as well.

Typically the person at the door doesn't see my gun as I am discreet about it  (Added this in case someone's panties are bunched up and causing you discomfort)

Funny you should mention it.

One came to my door this morning.

2020_03_20_10_31_14.jpg.b010ecffa79c11c5f5b336abc8a456fa.jpg

I answer the door with a gun in my waistband, all I have to do is make sure they see it.

Did you know that Jehovah Witnesses can run really fast??:P

(I'm kidding)

Rye,

No lie, I really did answer my apartment door decades ago absentmindedly holding a .45 auto that I had just cleaned and re-assembled after a IDPA shoot.  The two young Jehovah Witnesses took one look and climbed back on their bicycles at lightning speed.

Today, we have a dead-bolted, kick-proof, decorative steel and glass security door in front of our wooden door.  I don't answer the front door unless I recognize the person through the side window first and, like Pat, I'm holding a Glock behind my back.   

I answer my door all the time.   YES, with a firearm in hand.

2 fellers (appear to be 'Witness'rs) were met by me in my drive way before getting close to my house.

I was carrying one of my Marlin 1894 rifles.   I quickly just told them I was busy, didn't have time to talk

and wished them a nice day.   They concurred and left.

Sometimes, when I really feel perky, I don't mind a Lighthouse magazine pusher knocking on my door.

I'm Southern Baptist and I know a little about the Bible.

They leave after a couple of cordial exchanges.   Its just that simple.

..........Widder

Stay armed, be careful, don’t hesitate.

Cat Brules

2 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

The Model 10 is within arm’s reach of the front door.

B9455DC4-501D-4515-B577-F68C3E30AC5E.thumb.jpeg.bb1e66f4b7702a7a3132d7b319c0f5ad.jpeg

But if you open the door and they are 'close' to stepping inside, that means that Model 10 is also

within their arms reach.

P.S. - nice pistol.

..........Widder

53 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

But if you open the door and they are 'close' to stepping inside, that means that Model 10 is also

within their arms reach.

P.S. - nice pistol.

..........Widder

They don’t know where.  And I’m not inviting them in.  Particularly if they appear dodgy.

I like my edge.

14 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Heard that scammers are going door to door claiming to test for the virus and charging a fee for the service.

One comes to my door, Covid-19 will be the least of their troubles. :angry:

Back on point....

That’s a pretty desperate scheme.  Good way to wind up in jail, too.  

The last one that came by here was years ago, spouting some other ridiculous lie, and he demanded money.  I couldn’t help myself and started laughing at him, which made him angry....which made me angry.  My wife spoke up and told him to get off the property.  He smart-mouthed her, and she told me to get out of the way, that she was going to shoot him.  That guy took off running like a deer!  It was funny at the time.  In fact I’m smiling right now. :) 

Cat Brules

I live in the middle of 100 acre farm by myself now. Not by choice, but because the good Lord decided to take Dave home. I’ve had a bit of trouble with people coming down my drive unannounced. They were all met with my Widdermatic Henry 22LR or my Keltec 9mm pcc. I am proud to say folks leave immediately. I now have an Iron security gate in place. 

Those people and price gouges should be treated like looters in my opinion. They are predators.

:ph34r: 

31 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Those people and price gouges should be treated like looters in my opinion. They are predators.

Cockroaches!  No offense to SASS member Cockroach :)......

Lady leaving Walmart here in town had her cart of groceries stolen by strong arm thug as she went to her car.

On 3/20/2020 at 2:39 PM, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

I try to keep people from coming to my door as much as possible. It’s for their own health. I’m just trying to prevent lead poisoning 

Plus One !

Archived