SASS Wire Forum

Statewide Stay At Home Order

Yul Lose

The governor just issued the order. Non essential travel forbidden.

Just shy of martial law??

Haha...good luck enforcing that one...I wonder if the California Nat’l Guard has ammo now. Big secret about the LA Riots? The National Guard had no ammunition. Zero, zip, nada. 

2 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Haha...good luck enforcing that one...I wonder if the California Nat’l Guard has ammo now. Big secret about the LA Riots? The National Guard had no ammunition. Zero, zip, nada. 

But the SP from Camp Pendleton did.

One interesting thing about the Rodney King Riots was the number of people who had voted for candidates who promised "common sense gun laws" were shocked to find that those "common sense laws" applied to them, too. They couldn't just go to a shop, buy a gun, and walk out with it.

4 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

But the SP from Camp Pendleton did.

They must have kept them in Camp Pendleton because they sure as heck weren’t in Watts, Compton or Long Beach...where the action was. :lol:

53F6F4FE-3174-4886-959F-796D41F5C95B.png.fa7ebe6f64a64be9564862f045ccecde.png

I just KNOW all the illegal aliens in California will stand up, come to, salute smartly, say “yes, SIR!” and stay home.

Cat Brules

13 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

They must have kept them in Camp Pendleton because they sure as heck weren’t in Watts, Compton or Long Beach...where the action was. :lol:

53F6F4FE-3174-4886-959F-796D41F5C95B.png.fa7ebe6f64a64be9564862f045ccecde.png

About 1400 Marines were deployed during those riots.  
http://www.militarymuseum.org/HistoryKingMilOps.html

https://www.wearethemighty.com/history/marines-la-riots?rebelltitem=2#rebelltitem2

When the Los Angeles Police Department responded to this particular domestic dispute during the 1992 LA riots, they likely didn't need the backing of the United States Marine Corps – but they had it anyway. Upon approaching the house, one officer was hit by a shotgun blast of birdshot. He called back to the Marines to cover him. Unfortunately, what "cover" meant to the Marines and to the LAPD were two different things.

The officer just wanted the threat of M-16s pointed at the house to keep the shooter from shooting again. The Marines thought the 200 rounds they fired into the house would be enough. They were probably both right. But that's not how the U.S. Army National Guard would have done it.

I saw the Marine convoys going up the 405!

Back to the OP (my emphasis in bold):

From: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/19/california-governor-issues-statewide-order-to-stay-at-home-effective-thursday-evening.html 

"Earlier this week, Newsom ordered all non-essential businesses to close, including bars, beer pubs and wineries. Grocery stores, pharmacies, banks, cannabis clubs and other businesses deemed as essential are still open, state and local officials say."

Essential? Only in california. (No longer deserves to be capitalized)

7 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

So.... there won’t be jams on the freeways?  Unless someone tweets TP at exit 32?

Hey!  Two days in a row now I've been able to drive the SPEED LIMIT on Hwy. 101 from Rohnert Park to the Hwy 12 exit in Santa Rosa at 4 p.m!  Never done that before.  

Here is the State's list of "critical" workers who get to ignore the order: 
https://www.cisa.gov/publication/guidance-essential-critical-infrastructure-workforce

I should be covered under:
"

CRITICAL MANUFACTURING

• Workers necessary for the manufacturing of materials and products needed for medical supply chains, transportation, energy, communications, food and agriculture, chemical manufacturing, nuclear facilities, the operation of dams, water and wastewater treatment, emergency services, and the defense industrial base."

Since we do most of our work for outfits that make medical devices (stents, etc) and defense contractors.  And a company that makes lots of parts for Smith & Wesson.

Well, one thing is for sure. My back feels good enough to put my bike back together (slipped a disc disassembling it to find an annoying vibration). I am going to assemble it and go for a ride tomorrow. 

The roads should be wide open in the foothills. :D

Ah, I could have Pacific Coast Highway all to myself...and the other motor patrol officers...that may or may not be following me to pull me over to try and enforce the edict. :D Should be fun. 

9 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

The governor just issued the order. Non essential travel forbidden.

They'll have to catch me if they can!

55-48257-et-1368725472.jpg.c74e7ab303ca3f8da225a74b473afa27.jpg

The order said you can go out for food, gas, medical supplies etc. You can also go out and play in your yard and walk the dog. So if you're driving are the police officers going to stop and ask where you're going? I'm going to the grocery store officer!! This is unrealistic and unenforceable. :angry:

In Ohio the governor closed just about all businesses except for grocery stores and retail and "suggested" everyone stay at home and don't go out unless you have to. I was out yesterday, I went to the bank, ATM, went to the mall and walked 2 miles and stopped at a grocery store to get some fried chicken! I gotta have my fried chicken!!:lol:

And if the officer does not believe you are just going to the grocery store, what next? Detainment? Arrest? He shoots you? Where does this crap take us?

Isn't there something called the 4th Amendment to the US Constitution? Might not the 5th also apply here?

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

The order said you can go out for food, gas, medical supplies etc. You can also go out and play in your yard and walk the dog. So if you're driving are the police officers going to stop and ask where you're going? I'm going to the grocery store officer!! This is unrealistic and unenforceable. :angry:

In Ohio the governor closed just about all businesses except for grocery stores and retail and "suggested" everyone stay at home and don't go out unless you have to. I was out yesterday, I went to the bank, ATM, went to the mall and walked 2 miles and stopped at a grocery store to get some fried chicken! I gotta have my fried chicken!!:lol:

Strictly a political feel good move.

34 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Image result for shield wall social distancing

I started watching Vikings again from the beginning yesterday. :)

Mrs. Lose went to work this morning, the avocados and citrus need to be picked and shipped.

10 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Mrs. Lose went to work this morning, the avocados and citrus need to be picked and shipped.

Seems that would fall under the same exemption I do:

"
CRITICAL MANUFACTURING

• Workers necessary for the manufacturing of materials and products needed for medical supply chains, transportation, energy, communications, food and agriculture, chemical manufacturing, nuclear facilities, the operation of dams, water and wastewater treatment, emergency services, and the defense industrial base."

if not:

FOOD AND AGRICULTURE

• Workers supporting groceries, pharmacies and other retail that sells food and beverage products
  • Restaurant carry-out and quick serve food operations - Carry-out and delivery food employees
  • Food manufacturer employees and their supplier employees—to include those employed in food processing (packers, meat processing, cheese plants, milk plants, produce, etc.) facilities; livestock, poultry, seafood slaughter facilities; pet and animal feed processing facilities; human food facilities producing by-products for animal food; beverage production facilities; and the production of food packaging
  • Farm workers to include those employed in animal food, feed, and ingredient production, packaging, and distribution; manufacturing, packaging, and distribution of veterinary drugs; truck delivery and transport; farm and fishery labor needed to produce our food supply domestically
  • Farm workers and support service workers to include those who field crops; commodity inspection; fuel ethanol facilities; storage facilities; and other agricultural inputs
  • Employees and firms supporting food, feed, and beverage distribution, including warehouse workers, vendor-managed inventory controllers and blockchain managers
  • Workers supporting the sanitation of all food manufacturing processes and operations from wholesale to retail
  • Company cafeterias - in-plant cafeterias used to feed employees
  • Workers in food testing labs in private industries and in institutions of higher education
  • Workers essential for assistance programs and government payments
  • Employees of companies engaged in the production of chemicals, medicines, vaccines, and other substances used by the food and agriculture industry, including pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, minerals, enrichments, and other agricultural production aids
  • Animal agriculture workers to include those employed in veterinary health; manufacturing and distribution of animal medical materials, animal vaccines, animal drugs, feed ingredients, feed, and bedding, etc.; transportation of live animals, animal medical materials; transportation of deceased animals for disposal; raising of animals for food; animal production operations; slaughter and packing plants and associated regulatory and government workforce
  • Workers who support the manufacture and distribution of forest products, including, but not limited to timber, paper, and other wood products
  • Employees engaged in the manufacture and maintenance of equipment and other infrastructure necessary to agricultural production and distribution

Just now, Subdeacon Joe said:

Seems that would fall under the same exemption I do:

"
CRITICAL MANUFACTURING

if not:

FOOD AND AGRICULTURE

• Workers supporting groceries, pharmacies and other retail that sells food and beverage products
  • Restaurant carry-out and quick serve food operations - Carry-out and delivery food employees
  • Food manufacturer employees and their supplier employees—to include those employed in food processing (packers, meat processing, cheese plants, milk plants, produce, etc.) facilities; livestock, poultry, seafood slaughter facilities; pet and animal feed processing facilities; human food facilities producing by-products for animal food; beverage production facilities; and the production of food packaging
  • Farm workers to include those employed in animal food, feed, and ingredient production, packaging, and distribution; manufacturing, packaging, and distribution of veterinary drugs; truck delivery and transport; farm and fishery labor needed to produce our food supply domestically
  • Farm workers and support service workers to include those who field crops; commodity inspection; fuel ethanol facilities; storage facilities; and other agricultural inputs
  • Employees and firms supporting food, feed, and beverage distribution, including warehouse workers, vendor-managed inventory controllers and blockchain managers
  • Workers supporting the sanitation of all food manufacturing processes and operations from wholesale to retail
  • Company cafeterias - in-plant cafeterias used to feed employees
  • Workers in food testing labs in private industries and in institutions of higher education
  • Workers essential for assistance programs and government payments
  • Employees of companies engaged in the production of chemicals, medicines, vaccines, and other substances used by the food and agriculture industry, including pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, minerals, enrichments, and other agricultural production aids
  • Animal agriculture workers to include those employed in veterinary health; manufacturing and distribution of animal medical materials, animal vaccines, animal drugs, feed ingredients, feed, and bedding, etc.; transportation of live animals, animal medical materials; transportation of deceased animals for disposal; raising of animals for food; animal production operations; slaughter and packing plants and associated regulatory and government workforce
  • Workers who support the manufacture and distribution of forest products, including, but not limited to timber, paper, and other wood products
  • Employees engaged in the manufacture and maintenance of equipment and other infrastructure necessary to agricultural production and distribution

That’s what I told her and she agreed. Out of all of the businesses that her company owns the farming operation is the only one operating right now.

doesn't mean a thing.  My plant is operating at full speed today.  The company owners feel good about keeping us here because we build enclosures that are sometimes used in networking and telecommunications.  We make sheet metal boxes that network servers are mounted in at the server farms.  That is kind of a stretch in my mind, but glad everyone here is still getting a paycheck... at least for now.  

At least the traffic has been good this week. :rolleyes:

19 hours ago, Charlie T Waite said:

Just shy of martial law??

Just heard from a pretty good source that that is going to be declared by the governor tomorrow. Stay tuned.

RE: California......Ignore the Newsom rats.  
I suggest we go and come as we please.  
Anyway, those are my plans.  I’ll go out if I want to, or think I need to.  If I stay at home, and/or avoid others, that’s my business, too.
The police don’t want this mess dumped in their laps, either.  I’ll tell you that.
But, you do what you want.

Cat Brules

image.jpeg

On 3/19/2020 at 7:24 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

When my son-in-law retired from the Corps after 30 years his ceremony was held on Coronado.  A USMC flag guard was sent down to make the ceremonies official and they were armed with M-14 rifles with no bolts! 

I asked and was told it was easier to conform to California State objections for  than to fight it for months.

If Governor Nuisance calls for Martial Law I do believe most of us here will consider that overstepping his bounds. 

I mentioned Martial Law at work the other day and nearly every guy there, regardless of politics, race, religion, all pretty much responded the same way...”Bull (stuff)! No way I am putting up with that (bleep)!”

That’s not the exact response from each guy but it’s very similar. 

Darn automotive correlation!

Newsom's executive orders tell the public to "heed" (read: take into consideration) his guidelines.

This is very different from binding legal regulations written and passed by the legislature.

In the interest of public safety, the county health officers have clearly overreached their authority.

Existing case law is quite specific about quarantine of the sick and exposed, and how it does NOT apply to healthy citizens.

Counties locking down their entire populations are illegal.

When a state of rebellion, tumult, insurrection or riot exists, the governor can declare martial law within the state borders. 
So far, I do not see any rebellion, tumult, insurrection, rioting or looting.

Newsom can, and has, declared a valid State of Emergency, defined as "a disaster (epidemic) that exists across the entire state."
Neither Martial Law nor State of Emergency allows Newsom to suspend ANY part of the CA Constitution.

• Newsom cannot suspend the CA constitution or rights
• No legal authority to shut down events or business
• No legal authority to require social distancing of 6 feet
• No legal authority for counties to quarantine the healthy
• No legal authority to seize or confiscate any firearm

The only way to beat this thing is to stop its spread and the only way to do that is to not have contact with infected people. Since people refuse to take this seriously and self isolate them the government will have to make it mandatory.

Like it or not it’s necessary. You may not care about getting sick but how many people will you infect that do care and who won’t survive?

You can easily spot the people who don't care if they get sick, or if they infect others.
They are the ones who are out and about, without a mask, and without latex gloves.

They are 100% clueless about the lifetime of C19 fomites on hard surfaces for up to 9 days.
The likelihood of getting infected by touching an infected surface is far higher than somebody sneezing in your face.

The gas pump nozzle is one place touched by a whole lot of people every day.
Let your imagination run, as to where their hands have been.

Practice Safe Refueling - Use Your Latex

2020.03.17-Hoarding-02.360.sfw.jpg

Archived