SASS Wire Forum

A case study of the Spanish Flu

Cheatin Charlie

Helen Brimstone's grandmom was a victim ~ she died in 1918, at age 30.  

From Wiki:

In the U.S., about 28% of the population of 105 million became infected, and 500,000 to 675,000 died (0.48 to 0.64 percent of the population).[67] Native American tribes were particularly hard hit. In the Four Corners area, there were 3,293 registered deaths among Native Americans.[68] Entire Inuit and Alaskan Native village communities died in Alaska.[69] In Canada, 50,000 died.[70]

One half of one percent of the population may not seem so significant... but if these percentages are realized with the current pandemic the U S could lose up to 1.5 million people.  Or more.

Suddenly not being able to go to the movies just doesn't seem so important anymore.  

By the way - California Governor Newsom's office is projecting that over half the population of the state could be infected within the next eight weeks.  

You ever try to read a computer screen when your spouse is telling you something from across the room?

And you get about half the info from both, since your attention is divided?

I thought the thread title was "A Case Study of Spanish Fly."

"Honey, I found that couples activity you were asking about since the match was cancelled."

"What is it? Will we have to drive far?" "What should I wear?"

"Never mind. It was just a typo."

(or is that a "reado", since the type was just fine, I just read it wrong).:D

Archived