If you run out of toilet paper...

Dantankerous

... this is a great substitute.

NYT_Birthday_Newspaper_FINAL__29486.1535543533.1280.1280.jpg

5 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

... this is a great substitute.

NYT_Birthday_Newspaper_FINAL__29486.1535543533.1280.1280.jpg

Not sure about that, I think it's full already         GW

I had to do some research as to why people hoard toilet paper.   I Googled the topic and read three reports with the same explanation.   Seems it's just a pacifier for the not really being able to do anything positive to provide protection from the virus or comfort or recovery from it if contracted.  Toilet paper is relatively inexpensive and will keep a long time.  

59 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

I had to do some research as to why people hoard toilet paper.   I Googled the topic and read three reports with the same explanation.   Seems it's just a pacifier for the not really being able to do anything positive to provide protection from the virus or comfort or recovery from it if contracted.  Toilet paper is relatively inexpensive and will keep a long time.  

Why are people hoarding toilet paper? Because they're idiots. Monkey see, monkey do.

1 hour ago, Warden Callaway said:

You can probably buy it CHEAP in a few months. :P

JHC

16 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

JHC

The New York Times?  Probably so. (I mean the whole business, not just one issue(.:ph34r:

We quit taking a "news" paper over 10 years ago. That was after the Sacramento Bee published names and addresses of all state employees in Sacramento. Lucky for me, I was retired and only working as a Retired Annuitant. So, I escaped that.

I can't keep Hubby in :angry:; he's 74 with a compromised immune system. Even if they develop a vaccine, several years ago, our doctor told him not to have them. He went to the grocery and hardware store this afternoon. Our closest grocery (nine miles) was fully stocked Sunday. It is now super busy and sparsely stocked. I told him, since he was going (he must have green bananas and ice cream) to get a pound of ground beef. Lucky, that was all I needed. They were limiting it to one pound per shopper as people were hoarding (buying 10 pounds at a time). Also, it isn't locals doing the hoarding according to a butcher (told Hubby today) and vegetable guy (told me Saturday, the last time I was out).

:angry:

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Why are people hoarding toilet paper? Because they're idiots. Monkey see, monkey do.

Thus far I have asked two doctors and three nurses and none of them have a clue as to why.  

I guess panic and idiocy just go together.

Only reason I have heard the seems even vaguely possible was my son. TP he said comes from China and shipments may be coming?  Thought the same as you- They are stupid      GW

Seriously I wouldn’t give them a penny of my money !! I get the humor though!:lol:

I believe Japan started the fear of not having enough toilet paper. As soon as Japan stopped all shipping from China someone realized that all TP in Japan comes from China and people panicked. This information got out or was posted online so other people in other countries started buying up TP and at some point Americans started panicking over TP. 

1 hour ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

The New York Times?  Probably so. (I mean the whole business, not just one issue(.:ph34r:

I was referring to TP but you're probably right too.

JHC :P

1 hour ago, G W Wade said:

Only reason I have heard the seems even vaguely possible was my son. TP he said comes from China and shipments may be coming?  Thought the same as you- They are stupid      GW

Over 90% of all TP is grown and made right here in the US of A

It's a lot like the .22 rimfire ammo scare after Sandy Hook. Everybody and his Bubba cousin was clearing the shelves and hoarding it as if it was never going to be made anymore, when in fact there was never anything in the anti-gun press about banning or restricting it. Humans are worse than animals when it comes to being easily spooked.

6 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

It's a lot like the .22 rimfire ammo scare after Sandy Hook. Everybody and his Bubba cousin was clearing the shelves and hoarding it as if it was never going to be made anymore, when in fact there was never anything in the anti-gun press about banning or restricting it. Humans are worse than animals when it comes to being easily spooked.

The problem is: while a person may be smart, people in large groups are stupid.

Duffield

17 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Over 90% of all TP is grown and made right here in the US of A

That is correct.  And the vast majority of the that remaining 10% is produced in Canada.  TP and paper towels are bulky and full of air.  Even the Chinese can't make money shipping it long distance; to Japan, yes, to the USA, nope.  Because of this the US remains at or near the top of tissue production annually.  I've had tissue mill operators as clients for nearly 30 years. 

"TP is a steady business.  Who don't need it?  They ain't goin' no where. :)"

18 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K, Men in Black

23 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

JHC

In a few months?!  Some of those people out there have at least a year’s supply!

Good grief!:lol:  My wife went to VONS yesterday and brought home a package of six rolls.  I told her we still have three extra rolls.  “Well, I thought we should stock up.”  
My answer was, “Why?!”  She gave me “that look” and responded, “Global Warming!!....leave me alone!”   Me: “Okay!, Okay!  Cool, more toilet paper!  Trading material!  She: “Oh, hush!”:P

Cat Brules

18 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

No photo description available.

I wish! 

Archived