SASS Wire Forum

Classified Ad

Ninety Caliber Al, 50218

8 minutes ago, Ninety Caliber Al, 50218 said:

Home made concho’s with swastika emblem???

Read the description.
That design has many more meanings than that of a certain political reference.

Besides Amerindian (as mentioned in the OP)

Hindu

NORSE

In Mountainair NM, the restored turn of the century railroad restaurants ceiling has that Indian symbol throughout the artwork in the dining area....... which built and decorated decades before the filthy German political party hijacked the symbol!

You see it often in the Southwest in ancient artifacts.

The symbol, before it became one of the most hated items of the 20th Century dates back to neolithic times and was always associated with life, good fortune, and good spiritual matters... it can be found across many diverse cultures.  That blighted period in the mid-20th century caused most of us to hate the sight of that symbol.  But, for many cultures and peoples, it ain't necessarily so. 

I don't think for the public at large that the symbol will ever be reclaimed from those that perverted it.   But, I've learned not to have the knee-jerk reaction to it that I once had. 

Would I use those conchos on my leather?  No.  But, I've seen them on others, and I know they are using them with only the best connotation in mind.

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29644591 

Pre WWII US Army Air Corp

_78463616_aircraft624.jpg.2c69ceee1bc47de8ed2a14ff1dd17ff2.jpg

A 3,200 year old swastika necklace excavated from MarlikGilan province, northern Iran 

Swastika_iran.jpg.d208b01bf9216c948d0dc8afd95b7c43.jpg

.  As for the OP in the Classified Ad... 

I can tell you that I know him, he's one of the good guys, and there isn't a "White Supremacist" bone in his body.

All I know is I wouldn’t touch them with a ten foot coronavirus infected pole. Symbolism can be a very powerful thing to people. The last thing I’d want to be doing is explaining to everyone that I’m not a Nazi sympathizer every time someone sees them. When buying old guns, there’s a saying “buy the gun, not the story.” These are kinda like that. 

Funny where that design shows up.    Our barracks at ACB-1 Coronado at San Diego , if viewed from above was that same design.    GW

Besides which, it's not oriented the same as the Nazi swastika.   Please note the Nazis used it sitting on a "point" whereas other, much older culture's use of it laid it out in more of a "square".  

But, if you wish to be offended, don't let me stand in your way.

1 hour ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

Read the description.
That design has many more meanings than that of a certain political reference.

Besides Amerindian (as mentioned in the OP)

Hindu

NORSE

Yes, I SHOULD have read the description. Saw the post in  an email notification for classified add. My apologies if I gave offense, not my intent! Pale wolf , I sent you a PM

In my younger years I used to travel a lot through the Navajo reservation from north of Flagstaff, Arizona to the four corners and Cortez, Colorado area sometimes 3 or 4 times a month. I’d stop in at the trading posts and feed stores and the booths that were set up along the highway and occasionally buy gifts for my wife and kids. I stopped in at a rather out of the way feed store and there was a huge woven rug on display similar to the one posted above and I asked the guy minding the store, an older Navajo gentleman about the rug and why it had swastikas as a design and man did I get an education. He referred to it as a rolling log symbol and was quite offended that I called it what I did. That symbol is pretty special to the Navajo people and they’re not going to stop using it no matter how offended some folks get.

1 hour ago, G W Wade said:

Funny where that design shows up.    Our barracks at ACB-1 Coronado at San Diego , if viewed from above was that same design.    GW

Here it is.

1D3FA806-11A9-4B2B-A93D-A70C08721142.jpeg

They are on buildings in downtown Farmington NM from the early 1900's.

Largo

3 hours ago, Ninety Caliber Al, 50218 said:

Home made concho’s with swastika emblem???

Regarding the Walking Log Conchos:  At one time I had them on a gun belt but soon became very weary of answering questions and defending myself against uninformed people.  I opted to take them off for the sake of squelching controversy.  Ain't worth my time to continue with the BS.  Conchos removed from classified.  

3 hours ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

All I know is I wouldn’t touch them with a ten foot coronavirus infected pole. Symbolism can be a very powerful thing to people. The last thing I’d want to be doing is explaining to everyone that I’m not a Nazi sympathizer every time someone sees them. When buying old guns, there’s a saying “buy the gun, not the story.” These are kinda like that. 

Can you imagine the media spin if we all were seen wearing those on our leather or our hats.  The Commu-media doesn't care about accuracy--obviously! 

2 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Here it is.

1D3FA806-11A9-4B2B-A93D-A70C08721142.jpeg

Stuff like this always makes me wonder about how the human brain works. I can't imagine anyone purposefully designed the barracks to be a swastika, but it came out that way. When I was in culinary school, you'd be amazed at how many times someone plated a presentation meal that looked like a phallic symbol. And they just couldn't see it. One of those forest for the trees kind of things. 

Archived