SASS Wire Forum

ALLIE'S Cats

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through.
— Jules Verne

There are no ordinary cats.
— Colette

The cat is above all things, a dramatist.
— Margaret Benson, author and Egyptologist

What greater gift than the love of a cat?
— Charles Dickens

If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.
— Mark Twain

I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul.
— Jean Cocteau

If you want to be a psychological novelist and write about human beings, the best thing you can do is to keep a pair of cats.
— Aldous Huxley

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not.
— Ernest Hemingway

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat.
— Robert A. Heinlein

The cat does not offer services. The cat offers itself. Of course he wants care and shelter. You don’t buy love for nothing. Like all pure creatures, cats are practical.
— William S. Burroughs

If you’re feeling bad, you just look at the cats, you’ll feel better, because they know that everything is, just as it is. There’s nothing to get excited about. They just know. They’re saviors.
— Charles Bukowski

Cats know exactly where they begin and end. When they walk slowly out the door that you are holding open for them, and pause, leaving their tail just an inch or two inside the door, they know it. They know you have to keep holding the door open.
— Ursula K. Le Guin

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods. They have not forgotten this.
— Terry Pratchett

I have lived with several Zen masters — all of them cats.
— Eckhart Tolle

I've met many irresponsible people in my life but never an irresponsible cat.
— Rita Mae Brown, author

Way down deep, we’re all motivated by the same urges. Cats have the courage to live by them.
— Jim Davis, creator of "Garfield"

Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.
— Christopher Hitchens

You can train cats to do anything they want to.
— Ricky Gervais

A7FBB4AF-D721-4BDB-A226-F09918670F95.png

Archived