SASS Wire Forum

ALLIE'S Cats

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

119455628_3151462491631881_2171337914751

118779527_3112404458871018_6601569014414

I like that sign. Please allow OUR STAFF to restrain your animal.

I was giving GIVEN a six-year-old Chesapeake. When she was a puppy they had trimmed her nails too short and hurt her, and as a result she did not like to have her feet touched. She had been my dog for almost 4 days when I took her to the vet for shots. He stuck four or five sharp things in her and squirted something up her nose. She was not happy. Then he reached for her front leg to draw blood for a heartworm test. She explained to him with many many teeth exposed the he needed to not touch her leg. He told me SHE'S YOUR DOG. YOU HOLD HER. She told me to back off too.

Several years earlier Hazel's cat had come home. Sick. My wife suggested I give the cat a flea pill. In the process of this the cat bit me. So Hazel and I put the cat in a milk crate and cover the crate with a cardboard box and off we go to the vet. The vet wants to know what the problem is, as he is starting to lift the cardboard box off the milk crate. I tell him the cat is sick, and had bit me, and I wished him to check it and make sure it was not rabid. He immediately stopped lifting the cardboard box off the milk crate, and told me it was my cat, and I should take it out of the crate.

I wonder where that is that the vet did not want the owner to restrain the animal? In my (admittedly limited) experience, the vet does not want anything to do with restraining an upset animal.

3 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I like that sign. Please allow OUR STAFF to restrain your animal.

I was giving GIVEN a six-year-old Chesapeake. When she was a puppy they had trimmed her nails too short and hurt her, and as a result she did not like to have her feet touched. She had been my dog for almost 4 days when I took her to the vet for shots. He stuck four or five sharp things in her and squirted something up her nose. She was not happy. Then he reached for her front leg to draw blood for a heartworm test. She explained to him with many many teeth exposed the he needed to not touch her leg. He told me SHE'S YOUR DOG. YOU HOLD HER. She told me to back off too.

Several years earlier Hazel's cat had come home. Sick. My wife suggested I give the cat a flea pill. In the process of this the cat bit me. So Hazel and I put the cat in a milk crate and cover the crate with a cardboard box and off we go to the vet. The vet wants to know what the problem is, as he is starting to lift the cardboard box off the milk crate. I tell him the cat is sick, and had bit me, and I wished him to check it and make sure it was not rabid. He immediately stopped lifting the cardboard box off the milk crate, and told me it was my cat, and I should take it out of the crate.

I wonder where that is that the vet did not want the owner to restrain the animal? In my (admittedly limited) experience, the vet does not want anything to do with restraining an upset animal.

I have scars from cats informing me they did not like what i was doing. generally my vet and his assistant restrain my cats. After exam and shots they are ready get back into crate that i had to fight to get them in before.

Archived