SASS Wire Forum

Explain this "$1000" check I will get

Can somebody shed light on these $1000 checks folks will be getting in the mail.

Who's eligible and who determined the eligibility requirements?

Are they coming to everyone?    Or 1 per household?

..........Widder

Just now, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Can somebody shed light on these $1000 checks folks will be getting in the mail.

Who's eligible and who determined the eligibility requirements?

Are they coming to everyone?    Or 1 per household?

..........Widder

And where is the money coming from?

There are few details so far.  Your eligibility will depend on income and family size. More to follow I reckon.

8 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

My wallet just got emptier!:(

A lot emptier....And we will see ours after the people in jail get theres....And of course the illegals....Deplorables are at the bottom of the list....

Texas Lizard

They just make more of it! :o

Image result for printing money gif

As for me, I just make my own when needed.

Money Diy GIF

22 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

My money, your money, NOT THE GOVERNMENT'S money.  It's armed robbery on a grand scale.

People forget the government doesn’t actually have money. It’s all Our money.

25 minutes ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Maybe we could get some from the Congressional Pension Fund? Nah, neva happen GI

Imis

They have the John Wayne TP, right?

Rough, tough, and doesn't take s\!| off anyone.

It probably will cause rampant inflation.  But, what the heck!  I can remember when a dollar was worth a dime! Might be a good idea to invest in wheelbarrows!  That's so we can carry enough greenbacks to buy a roll of..toilet paper! :o

It's the brainchild of Mitt Romney, RINO, who is probably trying to make himself look "better" than the President.  If you are not a millionaire, you get a check.  Don't know if this is a one time thing or an ongoing one for the "duration of the emergency."

Personally, I think it's a bad idea.   I'm no fool, I'll take the money, but...   Where are the funds coming from?

8 minutes ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

That’s not how fiat currency works 

If that's anything like the FIAT a buddy of mine owned, it won't work at all!

What I am hearing is this is a taxable income and it maybe considered a loan that has to be paid back with interest.

If I happen to receive one of these checks, I plan to returning uncashed and with a bit of a note.

I am not happy about this trial run in to being a third world country.

No one working, no food on the shelves, no services of any kind, only politicians benefitting.

3 minutes ago, Count Sandor, SASS #74075 said:

If that's anything like the FIAT a buddy of mine owned, it won't work at all!

Don’t knock Fiat. They bought Jeep and now when I need service they usually give me an Alpha Romeo loaner. 

1 minute ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

If I get one ya know what I'm buying right??:lol:

Is it per person? If so, I’m taking mine and my wife’s because I can always use another Colt

At the press conference they did give some detail but were finalizing the how. Not the when. The when is supposed to be in the next 2 weeks. No millionaires will get one. No one under 18. It sounded like some sort of amount based on your income. They didn't say anything about taxes other than if you owe the IRS money please file but you don't have to pay until a date yet to be determined. If the Fed's owe you money make sure you file to get your money.

Unemployment claims are already skyrocketing.  Many bars and restaurants are facing bills they can't pay come April 1.  Auto plants and tons of other businesses are shutting down. Defaults have a tendency to cascade through the system.  If something isn't done it's going to be really, really bad for folks whether the catch the virus or not. 

Yeah Pierre Delecto came up with his own idea, but Mnuchin the Treasury Secretary is pushing his own idea, Pierre is just trying to stay relevant. 

The plan is to get money out to people as quickly as possible in two waves, one the first week of April and the other in May.  The hope is that it will help people pay bills and feed themselves.  Yeah it's inflationary, for sure. 

They will probably use information from 2018 tax returns and send every adult whose household size and income fit whatever criteria they establish.  I suspect the ceiling will be rather high, probably around $70-$80k annual taxable income. 

The alternative may be much worse.  Trump also wants to cut the payroll tax for both individuals and businesses, which is a great idea and would help a lot, so of course it will be opposed and probably won't get out of the House.  The problem with this approach is that if you've already lost your job, it does you no good.

Typically I'm pretty skeptical about 'We're from the government we're here to help' but in this case I think it's actually a decent idea. 

I don't know if I'll qualify, probably not, but if I do get it I'll bank it.

Archived