SASS Wire Forum

I'm Exempt. 10 F xvi

Subdeacon Joe

Here is the entire order from Health Officer of the County of Sonoma:

https://socoemergency.org/order-of-the-health-officer-shelter-in-place/

"Businesses that supply other essential businesses with the support or supplies necessary to operate;"

I love this part:
"
Please read this Order carefully. Violation of or failure to comply with this Order is a misdemeanor punishable by fine, imprisonment, or both. (California Health and Safety Code§ 120275, et seq.)"

I don't get it.

If you are "sheltering in place", how does a business stay in business?

How can I have my business open for business, if all of my employees are at home "sheltering in place"? And why should I bother having my business open, since all of the customers are at home "sheltering in place"?

The trash doesn't get picked up because the garbage men are at home? Crime runs rampant because the police are at home? Buildings burn down because the firemen are at home?

I notice bums are exempt from having to obey that law.

It appears they have turned your county into a third world country.

22 exemptions kinda takes the teeth out of it don’t it?

Are there roadblocks so the police can check to see if your travel is “essential”

So 12 kids in day care is okay but 13 is not? Is that because 13 is a cursed number or did they throw darts at a board to pick #12 as a safe number??

So many questions.

3 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

22 exemptions kinda takes the teeth out of it don’t it?

Are there roadblocks so the police can check to see if your travel is “essential”

Yeah. When it hardly applies to anyone it is pretty much only symbolic. 

I almost wish that there were roadblocks, and NG with fixed bayonets.   Make it seem more like the government takes it as seriously as they want us to. 

Also give me the chance to read them that section and do my little speech about what our shop does. 

5 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Here is the entire order from Health Officer of the County of Sonoma:

https://socoemergency.org/order-of-the-health-officer-shelter-in-place/

"Businesses that supply other essential businesses with the support or supplies necessary to operate;"

I love this part:
"
Please read this Order carefully. Violation of or failure to comply with this Order is a misdemeanor punishable by fine, imprisonment, or both. (California Health and Safety Code§ 120275, et seq.)"

Unconstitutional.... but when has that ever stopped California?

An answer regarding children and ages:

In California kids 12 and under cannot be home alone without a guardian. 13 and older do not need a guardian unless they are a "special needs" child.

I did not come up with this regulation. I am just telling you what we have been told where I work. We are allowing people to stay home if they have kids 12 and under.

Well Sonoma county has been 1 upped.

Orange County Bans All Public, Private Gatherings – Including Work – Outside Single Household

Orange County officials Tuesday took unprecedented action by banning all public and private gathers beyond those of a single household as jurisdictions across the world grapple with the spread of coronavirus.

County health officer Dr. Nicole Quick issued the order effective immediately prohibiting “all public and private gatherings of any number of people, including at places of work, occurring outside a single household or living space.”

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Orange County officials Tuesday took unprecedented action by banning all public and private gathers beyond those of a single household as jurisdictions across the world grapple with the spread of coronavirus.

County health officer Dr. Nicole Quick issued the order effective immediately prohibiting “all public and private gatherings of any number of people, including at places of work, occurring outside a single household or living space.”

I guess this will a lot of ladies out of work....

Texas Lizard

Archived