SASS Wire Forum

In Other News, Tom Brady No Longer With The Patriots

Cypress Sun

YAWN!!!!

Who Cares

17 hours ago, Smoken D said:

Who Cares

Oh, maybe a couple of million fans in New England.....and 5 or 10 from Buffalo who have been dreaming of playing the Pats without Brady for the last 20 years.

And a couple million fans in Florida who are lining up for tickets to see Brady play for Tampa Bay.

LL

38 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Oh, maybe a couple of million fans in New England.....and 5 or 10 from Buffalo who have been dreaming of playing the Pats without Brady for the last 20 years.

And a couple million fans in Florida who are lining up for tickets to see Brady play for Tampa Bay.

LL

Why? Why does anybody care? I simply don't understand WHY it matters who wins a GAME. Somebody PLEASE help me to understand why you are fans, (short for fanatic) of a team. 

18 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Why? Why does anybody care? I simply don't understand WHY it matters who wins a GAME. Somebody PLEASE help me to understand why you are fans, (short for fanatic) of a team. 

Why do you bother watching a SASS match?  Or cheering for your friends to win?

Excellence, especially when displayed in athletics or other competitions, is worthy of applause.

LL

1 hour ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

LL

Still the same, Who Cares

11 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Tom Brady....... wasn't he Marsha's younger brother?

..........Widder

Matthew’s son. Decided to play sports instead of taking pics.

There are these types of folks here in the Saloon:

1. Folks who like pro sports

2. Folks who don’t likes em and object to the money players make

3. Folks who are bored by sports

4. Folks who watch some sports sometimes

5. Folks who are fanatics and watch all sports all the time

6. Folks who like high school and college sports only

7. Folks who find some sports occasionally fun to watch but don’t buy expensive tickets and don’t get particularly upset at the money players make.

8. Folks who don’t understand folks who like sports

9. Folks who don’t understand folks who don’t like sports

Me? I’m a number 7 ;) 

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

There are these types of folks here in the Saloon:

1. Folks who like pro sports

2. Folks who don’t likes em and object to the money players make

3. Folks who are bored by sports

4. Folks who watch some sports sometimes

5. Folks who are fanatics and watch all sports all the time

6. Folks who like high school and college sports only

7. Folks who find some sports occasionally fun to watch but don’t buy expensive tickets and don’t get particularly upset at the money players make.

8. Folks who don’t understand folks who like sports

9. Folks who don’t understand folks who don’t like sports

Me? I’m a number 7 ;) 

Me too.  I have a sore spot that gets rubbed when somebody takes a swing at Tom Brady, but for the most part, I'm an occasional NFL watcher from the comfort of my recliner, and an evening back porch radio listener for the Red Sox.  I've never been to or watched a college game.  Too many things competing for my time to spend much of it watching games.

I don't begrudge any professional player whatever amount the owners are silly enough to pay.

LL

2 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Why do you bother watching a SASS match?  Or cheering for your friends to win?

Excellence, especially when displayed in athletics or other competitions, is worthy of applause.

LL

Watching a SASS match is something I actually participate in, Same for cheering for friends. These guys are neither. 

You couldn't just buy football equipment and show up on the field and expect to play. If you have a personal friend on a team, then I can see rooting for him, but please don't try to tell me that the millions of screaming fans have a personal friend on the team. 

I understand worthy of applause, but screaming maniacally for or against people that you have no actual interest in still baffles me. 

I grew up in Columbus Ohio, and for as long as I remember I was bombarded with "The Buckeyes". I was around for the nearly annual riots during the OSU-MSU ball games. I still can't see how overturning cars, breaking windows, or throwing things at Police Officers has anything to do with a game. 

As a young Maring I spent some time in your area, NAS South Weymouth. The day after a game, all one had to do was mention the the Patriots/Celtics/Red Socks had lost to literally start a fight. 

It didn't and still doesn't make sense to me.  

6 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Watching a SASS match is something I actually participate in, Same for cheering for friends. These guys are neither. 

You couldn't just buy football equipment and show up on the field and expect to play. If you have a personal friend on a team, then I can see rooting for him, but please don't try to tell me that the millions of screaming fans have a personal friend on the team. 

I understand worthy of applause, but screaming maniacally for or against people that you have no actual interest in still baffles me. 

I grew up in Columbus Ohio, and for as long as I remember I was bombarded with "The Buckeyes". I was around for the nearly annual riots during the OSU-MSU ball games. I still can't see how overturning cars, breaking windows, or throwing things at Police Officers has anything to do with a game. 

As a young Maring I spent some time in your area, NAS South Weymouth. The day after a game, all one had to do was mention the the Patriots/Celtics/Red Socks had lost to literally start a fight. 

It didn't and still doesn't make sense to me.  

Then let us have a conversation now while you think about it.

I'm excited to see Rivers coming to Indy. He was a thorn in our side when Manning was QB. I'd like to see him in the big game. He deserves it IMHO.

24 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

Then let us have a conversation now while you think about it.

I don't need to think about it. I've tried to understand it my entire life. But by all means converse. Maybe somebody can come up with a reason that makes sense.

Don't care for professional sports.  But I do think Cam Newton is being done wrong.  College sports is another thing altogether - love me some ACC.

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 5:33 PM, Michigan Slim said:

I'm excited to see Rivers coming to Indy. He was a thorn in our side when Manning was QB. I'd like to see him in the big game. He deserves it IMHO.

I have always liked Rivers.

Think Brady might have something left in the tank. Not much. But something.

Not that sure about Rivers. Hope I am wrong.

24 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

If TB 12 can bring another team to the Super Bowl he will truly have earned his place in the HOF.

MEANWHILE can Bellichek elevate another sixth round draft pick to elite QB?

You can forget about TB being in the Super Bowl. Brady has one, maybe two somewhat fair years left in him. He's just taking the Glazer's for a expensive ride....but the slumlords ought to be used to getting taken for a ride. As much as I can't stand Bellichek....he ain't stupid.

Not a TB fan.

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

If TB 12 can bring another team to the Super Bowl he will truly have earned his place in the HOF.

MEANWHILE can Bellichek elevate another sixth round draft pick to elite QB?

Like Peyton did! Only time I've ever rooted for Denver.

29 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Image may contain: possible text that says 'Of course Tom Brady went to Florida. That's what old people from New England do.'

And that’s why I left. ;)

TB - Tom Brady

TB - Tampa Bay

Hmmmm

It was preordained! :o

The Bucs fans around here are already talking Super Bowl. Taking their money is gonna be easy pickings this year. Hard to throw the ball when you're laying on your back and he'll get tired of that quickly. The heat and humidity will eat him up also, he's not used to that day in and day out.

Not a Bucs fan......

I haven't figured out why Tampa Bay? Why not retire on, er, with that wife of his and live the good life? 

They know he's getting old. They bought his knowledge of the game to bring to the team.

Archived