SASS Wire Forum

Tequila Shooter

Looks like a neat gadget and probably a bit pricey. I have a simple wooden stand that I use when loading my ROA's Also have pre measured tubes with the charges I use. It would be another nice gadget to have but would not want to be taking the cylinders in and out at a match unless there was some issue.

That's my 2 cents on the subject.

Hochbauer

5 hours ago, Yankee, SASS #266 said:

No.  It looks  awkward and why would take the cylinder out anyway?  It is simpler to keep the gun whole and load it.

I thought that was the good point of a Remy was that it was very easy to take the cylinder out?  But, these Remies will be my first C&B guns so maybe it's not as easy as it looks.

3 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I thought that was the good point of a Remy was that it was very easy to take the cylinder out?  But, these Remies will be my first C&B guns so maybe it's not as easy as it looks.

I find the 1851s and 1860s easier myself, don't have to line the cylinder up with the base pin. They're all pretty simple and faster to load off the gun in my opine.

5 hours ago, J Bird Blue, SASS # 57924 said:

I use one. I use a dipper and funnel to pour power. I can load about as fast as the video.

So, would I be safe to say that you like it and would recommend it?

3 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

So, would I be safe to say that you like it and would recommend it?

I do like it. Recommend? I don't know. You would need to weigh the cost of the press to your loading style. I have learned each cap gun shooter evolves their own rituals and methods. I like to remove my cylinders after each stage to do a quick wipe and lube. Other shooters don't see the need to remove the cylinders. For me the press is quick and efficient. I do not use the a handle extension, so you can save that cost if you purchase one. It does not need to be mounted to work well.

4 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

.44 seems to be out of stock everywhere.

I saw that, of course it's going to be a couple of months before the Smith gets them back to me.

Archived