SASS Wire Forum

WWG lever tune kit

Sheriff Sam

My question to everyone out there is my marlin is a 45 colt, cant find a lever tune kit that says 45 colt specifically. I see the ones that say 45-70, 450, 257, 30-30, will the 45-70 set work in my 45 colt? have tried to call the company but no answer there as of yet. If anyone knows the answer please shoot me a message or if you have a link to a 45 colt specific set i would be grateful

As Mr Grits says - looks like you have a Mod 94 & the kits you are looking at are for a Mod 336, or an 1895.

10 hours ago, Sheriff Sam said:

My question to everyone out there is my marlin is a 45 colt, cant find a lever tune kit that says 45 colt specifically. I see the ones that say 45-70, 450, 257, 30-30, will the 45-70 set work in my 45 colt? have tried to call the company but no answer there as of yet. If anyone knows the answer please shoot me a message or if you have a link to a 45 colt specific set i would be grateful

While not a kit, I've gotten some good tune-up information from this page.

https://marauder.homestead.com/irons.html

If you're really serious about race gun tuning talk to Widder, he no longer work on Marlin's but is a wealth of information.

Randy

To just 'Tune the Lever', only 1 spring is required.  It would replace the spring for that lever plunger.

But, if this particular 'kit' has multiple springs, it will probably also contain a spring 

that functions the trigger safety bar.

If its a more complete 'tune up' kit for the whole rifle,  there may be even a couple other

springs included.

Regardless, the 'general' functions of most Marlin lever rifles basically are the same.

And although I haven't seen this particular 'kit' for those rifle caliber models that you mentions,

my experience tells me those kits would work in the 1894 models, whether its a single spring pack

or multi springs that help function various parts of the 1894.

P.S. - Their "Trigger Happy" kits are great.  Its a little expensive but it is a very good trigger

system that prevents the trigger flop.

..........Widder

Archived