SASS Wire Forum

The Cowboy shop

Buckshot Bob

I’m all new to this and the first thing I would like to do is get a pair of pistols. I pretty much know what I want .

I like the larger grip frame. I emailed Cody at the Cowboy shop and he said he could fix me up with a set of 

smoke wagons with the larger grip for what I consider a pretty fair price from the shopping around I’ve done .

So I’m just wondering what people’s experiences have been with the Cowboy shop ? 

Cody Conagher is one of the biggest names in the business. Ask most folks, and they'll tell you they're shooting a "Cody-matic" rifle, which is one that he worked up for them. I would not hesitate for a second to purchase any cowboy gun that he had worked on. I plan on sending him my 1866 short rifle for him to work his magic on in the very near future myself.

From what I've always heard he's one of the best.

That said, have you been to any matches? If not don't buy anydangthingatall until you do.

Also, Welcome to the best game there is.

32 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

From what I've always heard he's one of the best.

That said, have you been to any matches? If not don't buy anydangthingatall until you do.

Also, Welcome to the best game there is.

X2 on not buy'n anydangthing till you have attended a couple of shoots and done a hands-on live fire.

OLG 

Excellent on '73s, competed with numerous Codymatics and sold  many thru our business.  I expect he would be good in revolver work as well.  A fine man to do business and one I certainly call friend.

Cody is a top name in the business.  I have shot with him many years ago in W. VA.  You can't go wrong in dealing with him.  However,  if you haven't been to a match yet, I suggest that you should go and look around, speak to folks and you might get more information on what works best for you.  Whatever you decide on, whether it's Smoke Wagons or something else, Cody will take care of you.

Not a whole lot more I can say that hasn’t been said. By the way, the smoke wagon is the gun that got me into this game. Saw one in a gun shop once. Played with it and fell in love. Didn’t want to buy it because I didn’t think I would get to use it much. Then was told I could use it in CAS. The rest is history. 

Cody Conagher (Don Jones) is a trained, certified gunsmith.  
I recommend him as a source for CAS/SASS firearms, and as a gunsmith.

(304) 258-1516
     http://www.codyscowboyshop.com

i purchased my .357 Magnum /38 Special, Win’73 clone rifle from Cidy, and he performed his CAS work-overs to it before he sent to my FFL.  

—- It will take the SASS-required 10-rounds of .38 Special in the magazine tube.

This rifle has never failed to function in any respect.

Cat Brules

I'll cast one more vote for not spending a single penny until you go to a few matches and try out the offerings.  Grip frame is only one consideration.  You need to find the right overall weight the right barrel length, the right sights, etc. In the long run you'll save a LOT of $$$ by trying first then buying. 

As far as Cody is concerned he's top notch.  I'm not sure of the current arrangement but it used to be if you bought tuned pistols from Taylor's Guns they were tuned by him.  That's about the highest endorsement that you can get. 

Cody is one of the best. He fixed up my Uberti 1873 and it works like a charm. Extremely easy going Cowboy and patient with us folks newer to the game!!!

Archived