SASS Wire Forum

Yul Lose

I built some awards for a club out here last year and they were pretty well received so another real small club is having their annual match next weekend and asked me to build the awards and here is what I came up with. I used scrap lumber left over from other projects and I used a 3D printer to print the club medallion and then I painted them , gold, silver and bronze. The bison skull on the match winner plaque is also 3D printed and then the horns painted. They found the EOT belt buckles on EBay. The spirit of the game award with the John Wayne Bobblehead came from amazon and that one is the only one that won’t mount on the wall.

The award with the screwdriver set on it is for the shooter with the most gun malfunctions. The award with the fence on it is for the middle of the pack shooter.

6B0E6B62-0EC9-4356-8D17-C76AE876262C.jpeg

29FB867D-F51C-47FC-936B-923EE42CD333.jpeg

924AF79E-C945-4C36-8C73-C0BE15C6131E.jpeg

D8D268D5-B0F9-4F4E-AED1-80387DFD1566.jpeg

3AB8EBBB-8EE5-424A-8258-7309FD10C7A6.jpeg

364561AC-3B45-431C-A031-D2E9BF5CC96B.jpeg

1 minute ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Very creative and will carry more memories than a belt buckle.

Why do the 2nd and 3rd place belt buckles say 82 89?

See Yul's OP - " They found the EOT belt buckles on EBay".  So somebody sold their buckles, or left overs, I guess.  If I had one or ten, you'd need a prybar to get it loose.

LL

5 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Very creative and will carry more memories than a belt buckle.

Why do the 2nd and 3rd place belt buckles say 82 89?

The buckles are old EOT awards from estates or shooters that don’t value them anymore, I guess. They got them for a fraction of what it would cost to have custom buckles made. I think they are kind of neat and for those shooters that were grousing about not getting buckles for an award at the match, here you go.

10 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

See Yul's OP - " They found the EOT belt buckles on EBay".  So somebody sold their buckles, or left overs, I guess.  If I had one or ten, you'd need a prybar to get it loose.

LL

5 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

The buckles are old EOT awards from estates or shooters that don’t value them anymore, I guess. They got them for a fraction of what it would cost to have custom buckles made. I think they are kind of neat and for those shooters that were grousing about not getting buckles for an award at the match, here you go.

I get that they were bought off ebay.

Most of award buckles have the year on them. The first place buckle has 19 88. With the first 2 digits on the left side of the skull and the second two on the right side. So it was from EOT in 1988.

If that logic was applied to the 2nd and 3rd place buckles, the year was 8289

7 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I get that they were bought off ebay.

Most of award buckles have the year on them. The first place buckle has 19 88. With the first 2 digits on the left side of the skull and the second two on the right side. So it was from EOT in 1988.

If that logic was applied to the 2nd and 3rd place buckles, the year was 8289

I couldn’t figure that out either. Maybe some old time SASS folks will know the history of those buckles.

8 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

What’s cheaper, buying an old buckle from eBay or 3D printing one? I figure it’s just mounted, does not need strength.

3D printing by far but they don’t look as good..

11 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Ahhh, like flea markets for Soviet coins and medals, the real ones are struck well, the fakes are blurred.

Exactly.

Thanks for the compliments everyone, I just learned that the match these are for has been postponed until October. Maybe I can think of a few others by then:D.

Archived