SASS Wire Forum

Profile Background picture

In the blue bar at the top of the page, you'll see your name.  

To the right of that you'll see a drop down arrow.

Click on the drop-down arrow and choose "Profile"

Once you open Profile, in the upper right, below your name, you'll see a few links

The largest links will be "Edit Profile" and "Cover Photo"

Click on "Cover Photo".  That will allow you to "upload photo" from your computer.

Once you have uploaded a photo from your computer, you will be able to reposition it as you wish.

Don't forget to "Save" at the lower right of the final screen. 

This is what I'm seeing with Firefox and Chrome:

Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 - SASS Wire Forum - forums.sassnet.com.png

I've tried multiple browsers, computers and phone, and it all functions correctly.   I do not know why you cannot view the multiple links that you are missing.  At this point I haven't been able to make it misbehave.  :huh:

Are you using a phone or a computer?  What operating system?  (So I can try to duplicate the problem.)

1 minute ago, Eliphalet R. Moderator said:

Tyrel, you're a tech maven, any clue?

Well Branchwater is too. I've suggested he try his phone.

I suppose it's possible he's cached some old css or javascript. 

His machine and/or firewall could also be blocking css/javascript.

@Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 have you brought up the developer console and checked console or network traffic for errors?

@Eliphalet R. Moderator have you checked his settings for warning points or maybe something administrative is being blocked? I assume the forum software has some role based permissions?

I've tried from 2 different machines on two different networks. Tried clearing cache. Tried 3 different browsers. I even tried turning off the computer and turning it on again.

Not seeing any errors, however, when looking at the developer console, I don't even see the li for the cover photo.

Even on mobile, I do not see the option to add a cover photo.

TC might be right that it is like something permission based.

6 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

@Eliphalet R. Moderator since you have the option on my profile, would you try to upload an image to my profile for me? Don't matter what. Then I can see if I can edit or change it once one is added...

Done.

By the way, no warning points,

All permissions that I have access to are good.

No locks on any part of the account.

I'll have to send this up the chain and to the system admins.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

could the root cause of this issue also be why I can never open attachments people put in their forum posts?

Some of the attachments folks put in their posts just can't be opened unless you have added software or the latest Apple OS.

Some are just broken links. 

Others can't be opened if you have a certain "Ad Blocker" or a program like PeerBlock running.

Here's a test, can you open this .pdf file?   Antiquing SAA Revolver by Longshot Logan.pdf

20 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

I can do that one.

Can't do this one:

And I still cannot modify my own cover photo...

The pdf opened for me.

The linked post opens when I "click" on the post title.

Try right clicking on the attachment and selecting save as so that you can save it to your PC. Then try opening it. I occasionally have to do that with some attachments.

• 4 weeks later...

PS I never chanced upon (never specifically looked for) a way to make one individual's permissions different from everyone in that category. I did see the permissions listed in a category. For example, Moderators and Administrators can hide threads and posts, which only those groups can see.

1 hour ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Permissions are listed below your avatar. For example, yours, John, is Members. Branchwater's is RO Instructor. Everyone in your category should have the same "permissions" or problems as you have.

Sounds like you may be on to something...

So, I wonder if any RO instructors can update their profile background or download attachments...

1 hour ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

Sounds like you may be on to something...

So, I wonder if any RO instructors can update their profile background or download attachments...

The reason I didn't say anything before permissions was brought up is because I don't think that is it.  Of course, if other RO Instructors have the same problem, it will likely be. Good luck.

Archived