SASS Wire Forum

List of Cancelled SASS Matches

Marshal Hangtree

CVR March 28 & 29 Matches Cancelled
..........Chorro Valley Regulators - San Luis Obispo, California

Complying with State and Federal guidelines to minimize the spread of the Covid 19 virus (cancel or postpone events with more than 10 participants), CVR is cancelling the matches scheduled for March 28 & 29.

Our ability to hold the April 11 & 12 matches will be assessed based on health threats and guidelines as we approach that date.

Thanks everyone – stay healthy and safe.

Hollywood

—————————————————————————————————

Cat  Brules

Ottawa Valley Marauders had to cancel Winter Camp.

Not because of C-19; The road in was too snow covered.

(A little Canadian humour there. I know - I know - Very little!)

On 3/16/2020 at 4:31 AM, Marshal Hangtree said:

I thought we should start a centralized list of SASS matches, local monthlies or larger events, that have been cancelled due to the virus.  If your local or regional match has been temporarily halted, please post it here.  Thanks.

I see that the Ides of March / Florida State Championship is postponed.

See what you started???:P

The Wartrace Regulators 3/21 match is cancelled, I got this email from Whiskey Hayes.

Due to the Covid-19 outbreak and the advice from President Trump and Governor Lee the March 21st mid-month match at Wartrace is cancelled. We will continue to monitor the situation and make the decision concerning future matches on a month by month basis.

Whiskey

The SASS Office just announced the closure of Founders Ranch through April 10th so the BRR match is off for the 5th but the HDD match might be on for the 11th.

On 3/16/2020 at 7:59 AM, Choctaw Jack said:

The Governor of New Mexico has banned gatherings of more than 100 people through April 9th.

Hope this doesn't affect EOT.

Think I'll  hold on to my entry for just a little longer.

Choctaw Jack 

The Governor's proclamation as reported by the news media is ambiguous.  It can be read that only indoor recreational facilities are affected.  Yesterday the City of Albuquerque updated its web site hours after the proclamation showing outdoor athletic facilities and the City Shooting Range remaining open.  

Note: the prohibition against 10+ persons indoors would apply to EOT.

Here is the text of the Governor's order.  The following is the clause related to recreational facilities:

image.png.b1df92d301f91fbdc82123e7e8006c2e.png

Talked to Barbwire this morning and she said that Cowtown so far is shooting this Sat. 3/21/2020.  Phoenix cowboys come on out and have some fun.

Remember, if you drink Corona you won't get Coronavirus, and if you put a lime in the bottle you won't get Lime Disease.   Just passing on this medical information  from Turquoise Bill, not the CDC. 

To the wire,

Just taking a leap of faith,I  guess, but I submitted my EOT application this evening.Its  a no lose proposition .You either get your money back or you've prepaid next years' entry fees.Win win either way.

Haven't  shot a match since WR, sure hope we don't  have to wait until EOT.

Fingers crossed!

Choctaw

Just got word from our club Prez. April has been canceled, even the gun club has closed, can't even go shoot paper. I may have to take a trip in to the woods and shoot a tree, darn it. 

North Carolina Governor Cooper has issued a  "stay-at-home" order for the entire state, starting Monday at 5pm, except for exempted businesses.  (Like office supply stores)?  

Violation is a Class 2 Misdemeanor.  (He didn't say how that would be enforced).

19 hours ago, Major General Shagnasty said:

Just got word from our club Prez. April has been canceled, even the gun club has closed, can't even go shoot paper. I may have to take a trip in to the woods and shoot a tree, darn it. 

You mean we're going from March straight to May???  :D ;)

4 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

You mean we're going from March straight to May???  :D ;)

Yep and May is not a done deal yet, True Gritt is a maybe for now.

I'm down to one shooting opportunity.  A local private gun club has suspended all matches but is open to individuals shooting so long as they remain separated.  I was at the 600-yd range last weekend and there was no one in sight.  I'll work on getting my hi-wall calibrated out to 600-yards once the Spring winds quit howling.  I don't shoot in dust storms.

Just got this via email.....

Land Run 2020 Postponement

Hello Land Run Shooters,

I know that you have all been waiting patiently to know how the Corona Virus is affecting Land Run, the SASS Southwest Regional Championship. With the recent developments and with the decisions of many state’s governors and President Trump, we find it necessary to postpone Land Run. As I told you previously, Land Run will not be cancelled. However, we do feel it is necessary to postpone the match.

One of the difficulties we face is the schedule at the Cowboy Hall of Fame for our banquet. We feel that the banquet at the museum is something that most of our shooters look forward to and enjoy. We also could not host a regional championship on a date that was taken by any state championship in our region.

The 2020 Southwest Regional will now be held on October 28-31. We are very sorry for any inconvenience that this rescheduling may cause you. All current registrations for this year’s shoot will remain valid for the new date in October.  If, for any reason, the date selected makes you unable to attend, you will have the option of either receiving a full refund or using those funds to register for the 2021 match, which will be held on April 21-24. The new cancellation deadline will be October 1, 2020; you will need to inform us if you would like a refund or move your registration to 2021 by that date. If you have already cancelled and received a refund, you will need to re-register. Again, no action is needed if you intend to participate in the match in October.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding. We will do our best to make this match worth the wait.

Flat Top Okie and Missouri Mae

Just got the email  from the Old Fort Parker Patriots that Defend the Fort, originally scheduled for mid-May in Groesbeck TX, has been postponed until October (see below)

Hello Defend Shooters,

I know that you have all been waiting patiently to know how the Corona Virus is affecting Defend the Fort. With the recent developments and with the decisions of many state governors and President Trump, we find it necessary to postpone Defend. 

Defend will now be held on October 16-18, 2020. We are very sorry for any inconvenience that this rescheduling may cause you. All current registrations for this year’s shoot will be transfered to the new October date.  No action is needed for you to participate in the match in October.  

We would appreciate your reply to this message so we know for sure you received it.  Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Silver 

On 3/16/2020 at 4:31 AM, Marshal Hangtree said:

I thought we should start a centralized list of SASS matches, local monthlies or larger events, that have been cancelled due to the virus.  If your local or regional match has been temporarily halted, please post it here.  Thanks.

I see that the Ides of March / Florida State Championship is postponed.

Marshal, you really kicked the hornets nest with this post didn’t you?:lol:

Good Evening All:

Just a note to let you all know that The Firelands Peacemakers Shoots are cancelled pending the passing of this virus crisis.

We will let everyone know when we will get started again.

Harry Yount & all the Folks who run The Firelands Peacemaker's shoots hope that everyone is staying healthy & safe!

Stay tuned!

--Prairie Dawg

Untitled.jpg

The Sandusky County Regulators in Gibsonburg,  Ohio are also regretfully cancelling all shoots until further notice.  Wishing everyone Health, Wealth, and Prosperity in these troubled times.

Sincerely,

B. Bodene

Archived