SASS Wire Forum

List of Cancelled SASS Matches

Marshal Hangtree

I thought we should start a centralized list of SASS matches, local monthlies or larger events, that have been cancelled due to the virus.  If your local or regional match has been temporarily halted, please post it here.  Thanks.

I see that the Ides of March / Florida State Championship is postponed.

The Governor of New Mexico has banned gatherings of more than 100 people through April 9th.

Hope this doesn't affect EOT.

Think I'll  hold on to my entry for just a little longer.

Choctaw Jack 

OMG, not SASS too!

Let's just change the Shooters Handbook. You have to wear ear protection. You have to wear eye protection. Let's add that you must wear a bandanna over your face and be done with it!? Maybe we should add condoms to the list while we're at it... :ph34r:

Oh yea, brass pickers can't pick up brass by hand either...

Yea, Yea I'm just being bad. But I had a kidney transplant on New Years day this year (I'm on handfuls of Immunosuppressant drugs) and I have been to four matches so far this year w/o issue. I did catch the crud from my wife at home however... :wacko:

I guess a large minority of us old farts are in the high risk group!

I can see that the after match festivities could be something to avoid, except at Wartrace, Tn. where Whisky Haze brings plenty of alcohol based viral suppressant medicine and hands it out to everyone, complements from his friend Jack D. :wub:

At this point, no need for a list.  Essentially all but monthlies are heading for forced cancellation by health authorities.  If not this week, watch next week.

Good luck, GJ

A note from Razorback Red concerning The Cowboys matches at Raahauge's Ranch in Norco, CA:

"They say that “you come for the shooting and stay for the people.” With that in mind, and in an abundance of both caution and love for our fellow cowboys and cowgirls, the board has unanimously decided to cancel our matches for the moment and to proceed on a month by month basis as the corona virus’ impact and guidelines are updated. We love you, miss you, and pray for all of you and those you love to be safe. See you all when this all blows over (thanks, BT Blade!)"

The Cowboys.jpg

Texas Historical Shooting Society has cancelled their annual match "Trailhead" slated for March 19-22.  no recsheduled date yet :(

Maybe everyone needs to wear those really big sombrero's. And, a bandana. We're going to cancel our shoot this weekend due to inclement weather, nothing to do with the virus. Hell On Wheels is 100 days out, no changes due to the virus. 

51 minutes ago, Beartrap SASS#57175 said:

Ca State match scheduled for 4/1 has been rescheduled to 7/3-7/7.

Tough decision for them, but probably the proper one.

It’s Labor Day weekend I believe.

52 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

It’s Labor Day weekend I believe.

Yep - it’s Labor Day weekend. I just pinged Annie; she is going post a new application in the morning. We are going to the California match still, then hit the road and shoot the Illinois State Championship Match the next weekend. Both are great matches!

After waiting all winter and buying a new gun to shoot at our season opener March 22,  at the Umpqua Regulators  at Roseburg Or. it has been canceled. Our commi. gov. is trying to close everything with 25 people or more. I hope this is over before True Grit.

8 hours ago, Major General Shagnasty said:

After waiting all winter and buying a new gun to shoot at our season opener March 22,  at the Umpqua Regulators  at Roseburg Or. it has been canceled. Our commi. gov. is trying to close everything with 25 people or more. I hope this is over before True Grit.

Our RINO governor has closed any gatherings with 50 people or more. So what happens if there's a local shoot and there's 51 or 52? Who's counting?? I guess this kinda rests on our laps. Do what ya think you should!;)

13 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

What would John Wayne do?

Probably go kick back in his mansion or yacht or head out to Stanfield, Arizona to his old Red River cattle operation that him and Louis Johnson owned.

KING RIVER REGULATORS

The Kings River Regulators have cancelled their 26 Annual Fort Miller match which was to be held in April. Right up to the end we were hoping that all of this would not be necessary, but Monday's State and Federal Governments guidelines made it clear that it was time to make the call. The good news is that we now have a First Class, ready to go match, in the Bag, and we will bring this extra special match back out when the time is right. Thanks to all for standing with us right up to the end. We'll be back.

Snakebite 

Pozo River Vigilance Committee

Santa Margarita California/San Luis Obispo California, 

—  CANCELED the March 28, 2020  monthly match.

“with the hope that we have a better handle on things as we move towards the April and future matches.”

Cat Brules

Tennessee Mountain Marauders have cancelled their March 21st monthly match.

The Ocoee Rangers have cancelled their March and April monthly matches 

Not sure about the Wartrace Regulators yet.

Randy

Guess Escondido Bandidos cancelled their match on the April 4th.

The Arizona Yavapai Rangers in central Az are canceling monthly matches, including the 3/28 match, until such time as we deem it appropriate to resume the fun. By email, FB, and our webpage we'll be letting our members & guests know when the shooting fun will resume. Please stay safe, friends.

Pawnee Station has cancelled the scheduled Cowboy match, and Wild Bunch matches for this weekend, March 21st and 22nd.  Stay tuned to the Pawnee Station facebook group and website for updates on future matches.

6 hours ago, Texas Lizard said:

Looks more like July 4th....Or am I wrong....

Texas Lizard

You’re wrong, it has been rescheduled to Labor Day weekend.

:FlagAm: LINCOLN AREA REGULATORS :FlagAm:

At the Izaak Walton League Range, NW of Bennet, NE

The April 4th match has been CXLD.

We will try to hold the May 2nd match.

Sorry about that!

Mustang Gregg

Archived