SASS Wire Forum

Lyman Brass Smith Powder Measure

Wyatt Earp SASS#1628L

I've been using the RCBS Little Dandy on my Lee turret press. I like it because it is compact and lightweight. I don't like it because it uses fixed rotors that, although consistent, don't always throw the advertised weight of a given powder, sometimes off by 2 or 3 tenths either way. Over the years I've accumulated a number of rotors to account for this. I've just started loading some light 38 specials for my wife to train with in her new Kimber K6S. I wanted to load 2.5gr of Clays but the closest rotor I have throws 2.8. New rotors are around $12 each.

I mounted my RCBS Uniflow and was able to get the 2.5 I wanted, but that measure is rather large and heavy for the turret press. I saw the new Lyman on Youtube. It looks rather compact and according to the literature weighs about two pounds less than the Uniflow AND it s only $40, or about the cost of three rotors for the Little Dandy. Can't go wrong, right??

Most of the Youtube reviews were good, but I'd like the opinions of my fellow SASS pards that have actually used one.

Thanks,

Wyatt

Archived