SASS Wire Forum

Grips for Ruger Single Six

Dusty Devil Dale

Does anyone know if any other models have grips that are drop-in interchangeable with the Single Six frame?   I tried NV grips and they do not fit.  

I have new model single sixes in 32 H&R Magnum.  I had grips for Old Model Vaquero/Blackhawk grips that would fit but were about 1/4 too long.   I sanded them down with a belt sander and they fit fine.  I have two sets of the revolvers, so I ordered another set of similar grips from Altamont that were for the old model Vaqueros/Blackhawk.  I sanded them down and they were fine.  They were the Rosewood grips.

The single six and Vaquero (old model) are the same.  The newer model 32 Mag Single Six (Vaquerito?) has a shorter grip as noted by Null N Void,  but the original Vaquero grips will fit.  I’ve seen them fitted with a wood filler to make a longer grip.

47 minutes ago, Mudflat Mike, SASS #20904 said:

XR3-RED grip frame is same with Vaquero, Blackhawk and Single six (except shorter grip on some 32's)

I think it's the XR3-Red Short for the 32's.  I think when I was looking, the only grip that was listed for that came from Eagle, and it was a gunfighter grip, which I didn't want.  I ordered Rosewood textured grips for the XR3-Red frame and sanded them down.  Some people make a spacer to fit between the overhang of the grips.

My older 3 screw Single Sixes use XR3(no red) grips. Thus the chart. Says Xr3 right there cast into the grip frames.

Archived